Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
I am surprised there is not a single De Rosa on the thread....
My 1991 Primato EL-OS is a close second for me....
Old 12-01-2019, 11:32 AM

In 650b mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2019, 12:02 PM

I love my Routt RSL, and I've put more miles on it than anything I've ever owned. But.... I think my favorite riding bike was a Guru Praemio that I had my shop order for me to buy. It went on my layaway for a long time, and it was completely worth it. That bike was stupidly stiff for a Ti bike and absolutely carved on descents. It was even painted, and the paint job was spectacular. A black, bare ti, and royal purple color scheme. I still regret selling it to this day.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenUnicorn View Post
I love my Routt RSL, and I've put more miles on it than anything I've ever owned. But.... I think my favorite riding bike was a Guru Praemio that I had my shop order for me to buy. It went on my layaway for a long time, and it was completely worth it. That bike was stupidly stiff for a Ti bike and absolutely carved on descents. It was even painted, and the paint job was spectacular. A black, bare ti, and royal purple color scheme. I still regret selling it to this day.

I had a Praemio R which now resides with another forum member. It was easily one of the nicest titanium bikes I have ever seen and ridden. It was definitely the stiffest with 1” chain stays, but still smooth like a ti bike should be.

Guru made some very nice titanium bicycles. I believe t-lab are the same crew up in Canada. I was able to ride the rep for absolute blacks t-lab gravel bike a little over a month ago and it was super nice!

Old 12-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Administrator

side note: i am going to ask Keith about a photo re-adjuster or whatever it might be called so photos are automatically adjusted to a more viewing friendly size. i know on other vbulletin forums, no matter how big the photo you uplod is, the forum software fixed them to a smaller size.

if anyone knows what i'm talking about here, please PM me. (i am computer tech clueless...)
Old 12-01-2019, 01:10 PM

I post pics from FlickR...on other forums I post them size large, on this forum I post them as size medium.

Not sure if this matters and/or helps...

SPP
Old 12-01-2019, 04:36 PM

Yep, it was a Praemio R. I went to find a picture of it and I realize that I only have 8 pictures of it, and they are all terrible. I'm currently trying to attach the least worst.

And yeah, Guru is now sorta T-Lab. Same owners, but they lost a lot of talent when they shut Guru down. Their Ti bikes are nice, but I don't think they are as nice as their old Ti bikes. I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics, especially since I don't think they ride much better, if at all.

Ok, I'm giving up on trying to attach. Something is funky with the site and its taking forever to upload really 140Kb of picture.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Welp, 12th try's the charm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1172.JPG (142.5 KB, 273 views)
Old 12-01-2019, 07:36 PM

Colnago C40

Old 12-01-2019, 08:26 PM

The Maipei Colnago should win some sort of prize.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
In 650b mode

Those tight, clean lines! The cool, grey metal oozing utilitarian sophistication. The impeccable use of space, suggesting something...but ultimately leaving it to the viewer's imagination.

Yes, Adam. The grating on that bridge...just wow!!!

As a side note, your #22 is one of the coolest bikes on the site
Old 12-02-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
I am surprised there is not a single De Rosa on the thread....
OK. From a glorious day 6 or 8 weeks ago.

Toss up between this and my Peg Duende... the Peg has a little bit more crisp and taut feel, but this would be my choice for a day-long ride.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenUnicorn View Post
Welp, 12th try's the charm
Ha. I’m 90 percent sure you sold your Guru Praemio R to me, unless they did a lot of iterations of this paint job. I still think about how fast that bike was. Easily the fastest feeling bike I’ve ever owned. I regret selling as well.

Last edited by ravdg316; 12-02-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:25 PM

Lots of wonderful, drool-worthy machines in this thread, not that I'm surprised.

For me, it's my ~1965 Cinelli Speciale Corsa with Campy Record/Chorus 10sp triple. Columbus SP frame. Heavy as hell. Don't care. (Heck, I'm heavy as hell, too.) Ridiculously long wheelbase. Still don't care. This thing is magic.

I traded a 1986 De Rosa frame to get this frame and don't regret it. My Eisentraut and Ron Cooper now get a lot less riding time. The De Rosa, Eisentraut and Cooper are all fantastic frames, and all were /are also equipped with Campy 10sp triple (and the same tires - Conti 4000) for a true apples to apples comparison. This Cinelli feels better to me.

I will never let this one go. Ever.

For whatever reason, I can't get a photo to attach, but it is post #20 in this thread.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikingshearer View Post
Lots of wonderful, drool-worthy machines in this thread, not that I'm surprised.

For me, it's my ~1965 Cinelli Speciale Corsa with Campy Record/Chorus 10sp triple. Columbus SP frame. Heavy as hell. Don't care. (Heck, I'm heavy as hell, too.) Ridiculously long wheelbase. Still don't care. This thing is magic.

I traded a 1986 De Rosa frame to get this frame and don't regret it. My Eisentraut and Ron Cooper now get a lot less riding time. The De Rosa, Eisentraut and Cooper are all fantastic frames, and all were /are also equipped with Campy 10sp triple (and the same tires - Conti 4000) for a true apples to apples comparison. This Cinelli feels better to me.

I will never let this one go. Ever.

For whatever reason, I can't get a photo to attach, but it is post #20 in this thread.
Here you go.

Beautiful bike. And I love the commitment to a certain riding experience vs. chasing the latest and greatest. I could learn a lot from that mindset (and save boat-loads of money).