Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Adam/SerottaFan

I don't love the architecture, but I don't get the Apple hate...
Old 02-24-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
Typical stupid comment from some one who knows little.
Raise your hand if you have an Apple sticker on your car!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplemind View Post
Yeah, yeah, we have an Apple Campus quite near us (Austin 360) and the exterior lights from that building are on throughout the night. The lighting is so bright (and obnoxious) it drowns out the night sky and stars so I guess they know nothing or care little about the Dark Sky initiative. I was a Tim Cook fan until this happened.

Here are a couple of images from our residential area (bottom from our bedroom):

Sad, very sad. Is Apple the new bull in the crystal shop? At least in your neighborhood it seems.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
I agree that Android is worse. She has a 6 Plus. The loss of the swipe is why we haven't upgraded her software.

I don't think she even wants a smart phone but most traditional cell phones these days are disposable garbage.

The iPhone does have some killer applications like Face Time and Face Time Audio. They're fantastic.
I actually much prefer Android, hands down. I use both an Android (Note 4) and an iPhone 6 every day and find the Android to be more intuitive, more flexible, and have a much better touch screen. Given the choice, I'd never voluntarily choose the Apple (which is my work phone).

My work computer is a MacBook Pro, which I generally like pretty well.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:08 PM
The B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
You don't need to update with every iOS release if you're happy with the current iOS (but problem is that once you do, you can't roll-back)
A LOT of people experience a slow but steady degradation of performance the longer they go without an update. I wouldn't be the first to accuse apple of engineering that to force updates.

I've had several versions of iphone, and all have had this effect. Stuff gets slow, glitchy, laggy... do an update, everything back to normal.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockd15 View Post
I actually much prefer Android, hands down. I use both an Android (Note 4) and an iPhone 6 every day and find the Android to be more intuitive, more flexible, and have a much better touch screen. Given the choice, I'd never voluntarily choose the Apple (which is my work phone).

My work computer is a MacBook Pro, which I generally like pretty well.
I bought an Android phone a few years ago. Never again. I hated the whole experience and the phone (Motorola) was garbage.

That said, my first iPhone had bad battery life and the software updates made it nearly unusable after about 18 months, so there is that.

I'm currently using an iPhone 5S and basically like it, though the screen is a touch loose. It has been for a couple years and it hasn't been a big enough deal for me to worry about it. It's been the best smart phone of the three that I've owned, by far.

I basically like Apple and I like iPhones but I don't like software changes for the sake of change. I want to see improvements and frankly, slowing down my device with "improvements" is a turn off.

But I don't see myself using Android again. I'm fully assimilated to the Apple cult I'm afraid.

Occasionally I'll run into someone still using a 4 or 4S and I want to be one of these guys with my 5S. It's already an antique in the phone world. I like Apple, but they probably don't like me because I don't update every cycle, or even every other cycle. I'm still using an iPad 2 for that matter.......

Tags
conspicuous consumption, tower of babel