Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2018, 04:59 PM

Luck shoes - any experience?

Anyone have experience with these? I'm curious about them, but I don't really see them being available easily here in the US. I'm pretty reticent to order a shoe without trying it on first though...

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2018, 05:15 PM

I was wondering too.

I am actually contemplating ordering custom from them within the next month or two. I'll report back with my experience.

From what little I can find on the net, they appear to make high quality shoes!
Old 01-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Never heard of them, got a link to luck?
Old 01-09-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Never heard of them, got a link to luck?
https://luck-bike.es/en/
Old 01-09-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKeller View Post
I was wondering too.

I am actually contemplating ordering custom from them within the next month or two. I'll report back with my experience.

From what little I can find on the net, they appear to make high quality shoes!
Yes, exactly, the custom aspect was really appealing..let me know how it goes if you do!
Old 01-09-2018, 06:43 PM

I got a pair while in Spain in the early 2000's. Nice shoes with a carbon sole, well constructed, etc. Angel Casero was wearing them when he won the Vuelta in 2001....Oscar Freire wore them early in his career as well.....
Old 01-09-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColnagoFan View Post
Thanks

That is quite a collection of shoe models.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Classics Fan

Am I reading that right, 250 euros for custom shoes?
Old 01-09-2018, 09:18 PM
il Curmudgeoni

All those different models and not a single one that has velcro straps....<sigh>
Old 01-09-2018, 09:31 PM
extremely tall

Yeah, no whale bone either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
All those different models and not a single one that has velcro straps....<sigh>
Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM

No experience but just found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJG0urnIPxk
Old 01-10-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
Am I reading that right, 250 euros for custom shoes?
Hence my interest...
Old 04-08-2018, 02:49 PM

Luck Shoe Review

I've been in search of shoes for a while. I have been riding Carnacs for a long time as they seemed to fit reasonably well for my wider than normal feet.

I looked at Specialized and Sidi Mega and Fizik but none of them felt really right. I'm sure with a little searching maybe a Sidi Mega could work but the trouble I've had is finding a dealer with the model and size I need to try on.

I was really interested in Lakes but no one in the Colorado Front Range seems to carry them. I happened onto a pair of normal width size 44 CX402s from ihuerta. I thought maybe these could be the ones. I tried them and although they are really nice, they seem a bit short for size 44 (what I wear in Carnacs).

So I searched for an alternative. Luck shoes hit on my radar. They look really nice and offer a custom option for what appeared to be very reasonable prices. I couldn't find much. The few reviews I did find were super positive. So I decided to take the plunge and give them a shot.

I took measurements of my feet per their website https://luck-bike.es/en/my-measurements I actually took the measurements about 5 different times and took the average just to be sure. The numbers and a few photos for varus/valgus correction were sent to Luck on the 4th of Feb. Sara Roson got back to me very quickly and was concerned about the differences between my left and right feet. She did recommend a 5 degree varus correction for my right foot. We exchanged several emails and tracings of my feet over the next couple of weeks and settled on the right size for me. My left is a 44, special wide and the right is a 43.5, special wide and a 5 degree varus correction.

I finally placed the order using paypal on the 24th of Feb and got what appeared to be an error message in Spanish. A quick email to Sara and she told me all was well and my order was in and they would begin work right away. She asked if I wanted my name custom printed on the shoes too. I passed and just wanted the Luck logo on it. Luck's website says to allow about 5 weeks plus delievery time. Well, I was incredibly surprised to receive them 28th of March.

They are incredibly well made and really comfortable. I finally have shoes that are wide enough. The toe box is perfect and my toes are not squeezed together. I have about a 150 miles with them and they are my new favorite. Comfortable, easy one and off and really good air flow! I found out the hard way on the first morning ride...it was 28 degrees F and I have put on booties but there was enough airflow that my feet got pretty cold...The next ride I put on some Paceline wool socks that made it much better in the cold.

I am super happy with Luck and I plan on ordering mtb shoes as well as a 'less loud' pair of road shoes in the future. Sara was awesome to deal with (She has perfect English in her emails) always got back to me quickly. I love Luck Shoes!
Old 04-08-2018, 02:58 PM

Here are some pictures. Their ATOP reel system works great! Simply roll the dial towards your toes (ccw on the left shoe, cw on the right) to tighten and roll the knob one click towards your heel and it loosens up.IMG_20180328_184333.jpgIMG_20180328_184408.jpgIMG_20180328_184507.jpgIMG_20180328_190250.jpgIMG_20180328_190314.jpgIMG_20180328_190328.jpgIMG_20180328_190515.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Classics Fan

Thanks for the write up!

Curious what the thinking is about putting in varus/valgus adjustments in the shoe, vs. using a shim with the cleat.

Did you have existing custom footbeds that you needed to fit into the new shoes? or just stock insoles?