Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
That was a superb defensive play by Albiol to save Reina. Handa also had some great saves.
Inter were better today, more aggressive, and I was really hoping for the 1-0, but I'll take the 0-0 away.
Inter plays Sampdoria next week and that will be be a good game - I think Inter will have their hands full.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:09 PM

man, i really would like to get more into Series A, but then you read about the unsavory stuff. The Guardian has a series (no pun intended) talking about the backgrounds of the teams, and this is where I learned interesting stories, such as the riot triggered by the sale of Baggio to Juventus.

Unfortunately, I also learned that Juve apparently got tangled up dealing with the mafia, and that Lazio (and Hellas Verona) has a sizeable fascist tifosi. Now i'm familiar with the level of stuff that fans of all clubs come up with (looking at you, fans of Chelsea and West Ham), but Lazio seem to have taken it to a different level.

At least there's still il Azzurri to watch. Rant over
Old 10-27-2017, 08:29 PM

So...what happens to FC Barcelona, Espanyol, and Girona FC now?
Pegoretti
Old 10-27-2017, 08:59 PM

If Gilbrator can have its own FA, i'm sure Catalonia can get its own, simply on the merits of the issue. Politics of it may be more hazy, and i doubt Uefa wants to touch it with a 10-ft pole.

----------------------------------

On another note, Mourinho's bus against Harry Kane's team sans Kane. Should be a great match, which starts at 7:30 am EST, to boot.

Also, the guardian sicc'ed Oxlade-Chamberlain pretty good here, calling him an Oxymoron

https://www.theguardian.com/football...de-chamberlain

I always thought of him as an ox whose first touch probably would let him down, but didn't know that he's apparently technically proficient.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:35 PM

It looks like Catalonia does not have a single ally, with all major countries and the EU firmly backing Spain. It will be interesting to see what develops now.

I'm a bit surprised that the Ox garnered that much press...he just seems to have never truly delivered on the early promise.
Pegoretti
Old 10-28-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
If Gilbrator can have its own FA, i'm sure Catalonia can get its own, simply on the merits of the issue. Politics of it may be more hazy, and i doubt Uefa wants to touch it with a 10-ft pole.

----------------------------------

On another note, Mourinho's bus against Harry Kane's team sans Kane. Should be a great match, which starts at 7:30 am EST, to boot.

Also, the guardian sicc'ed Oxlade-Chamberlain pretty good here, calling him an Oxymoron

https://www.theguardian.com/football...de-chamberlain

I always thought of him as an ox whose first touch probably would let him down, but didn't know that he's apparently technically proficient.
OX is a very good player, not sure whats happened to him, other than he got wankered and his confidence shattered. i loved that kid and have his jersey. he does lack that final bit for finishing though. but wanker playing him as a frickin wing back just shattered his confidence as an attacking player. When he was deployed as a center midfielders, his passing was among the best ive seen on the team in ages, then wanker sticks him back on the bench in favor of the soulless olive oil (ozil) my least favorite gunner of all time. that guy is soft as butter, i really do not like him. and alexis sanchez has tons of skills, and the worst attitude ever
Old 10-28-2017, 10:22 AM

Man, you slipped quite a few past the censors. Bravo . I used to like Ozil when i started, but dude disappears. Agreed on Alexi, who plays best as a line leading center forward but can't hack it against the bunkering sides in EPL. Their personnel is quite a cocaphany...

------------

That was an interesting match btwn Spurs and ManU. Latter was too talented. Regardless, hard to see how anyone can get past City, whos enjoying themselves like Pep's old Bayern team. Wonder if they could manage to contend for Champion's league as well
Old 10-31-2017, 02:16 PM

Roma vs Chelsea today

Tottehnham vs Real and Napoli vs Man Shiekty tmwr;

I think Napoli may slip one by. Hopefully Kane will return tomorrow
Old 10-31-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Roma vs Chelsea today

Tottehnham vs Real and Napoli vs Man Shiekty tmwr;

I think Napoli may slip one by. Hopefully Kane will return tomorrow
One more - Juve vs Sporting Port.

Hope you are right about the Partenopei - they are so nice to watch!!!
Old 11-01-2017, 05:14 PM

Tied right now; Napoli still has a chance

Meanwhile Tottenham is opening a real can of whoop-*** on Madrid
Old 11-01-2017, 05:41 PM

value of the Sterling has been appreciating lately. Somewhat amazing what Guardiola has been able to accomplish with him. It was only last summer that people joked that Sterling has gone the way of the £ post brexit.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:14 PM

Spurs completely dominated every facet of the match. Ronaldo reverted to his pouting persona when he didn't get the ball, but he was justified in being upset at the lack of service, particularly in the first half.

Spurs look like a real contender.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:25 PM

I loved how they had a clip of him pouting after every single goal.

Poor Napoli; holy s*** I didn't realize they are in as dire of a strait as Dortmund. Well, there you have it boys, Napoli v BVB for the Europa league Final
Old 11-01-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:

Poor Napoli; holy s*** I didn't realize they are in as dire of a strait as Dortmund. Well, there you have it boys, Napoli v BVB for the Europa league Final
That's his patented look by now.

Napoli: it just isn't possible to compete in A and in CL with, what, a 15-man rotation....

Yes, they are EL-bound it seems.
Pegoretti
Old 11-01-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:

I am so depressed - I thought there was a chance when Lorenzo scored in the 21st minute. Then to have Ghoulam tear his acl -
The focus is Serie A - the europa league will still be a distraction/drain on their limited bench.
That said, if Napoli runs the table and MC beats Shakhtar they can advance.
But for tonite I am bummed!!!