Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 05-23-2019, 07:29 PM

Kinda custom 333 ALS. I'm in love.

I picked this up here from kobetsang a few weeks ago. It is my first evvver 650B low trail bike. This thing is so freaking awesome that It could be a one bike stable.
I am half afraid to ride real gravel roads cause the paint is soooo gorgeous and flawless I dont want to chip the paint. Pics do not do it any justice at all.
I have been doing rides along our beautiful riverfront in the evenings as the sun is setting over the water. It is about a 12 mile loop and im doing it at around 14/15 mph for just a relaxing ride. No stress,no cars,not many people,just lots of geese and what they leave behind. I am also doing a loop around the city called the greenbelt, a nice 21 mile loop around the city and a great stress reliever.
I did put a longer stem on and will replace the saddle with a green brooks and try a SB post but that is about it.
I love the ride and the tire volume really smooths out the rough spots.
Also my first non campy bike in over 20+ years and the rival groups is easy to adjust to.
A special thanks to kobestang for the great pack job and communication throughout the transaction.
Original FS post here.
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...ghlight=333fab

Last edited by skiezo; 05-24-2019 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:26 PM

Absolutely beautiful - I remember lusting over this bike when I saw the photos on the Radavist.

This type of bike really has me reconsidering a multi-bike stable because it does it all.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:01 AM

I am not so sure it will replace my rim brake road bikes. The riding I do on this so far is just to relax on and do a stress free ride.
The Paul Klamper brake do a great job of stopping quickly when I need to.
I find I have been riding this more than my custom Ti Desalvo or the Sarto that I built up recently. I my try a different tire that is more of a slick type but need to do a bit more research. I need to play with the tire pressure and see what it feels like. I am running 35# in both now but will drop a bit and see how it feels.
Another wheelset will be in order soon,maybe a set of carbon hoops with hope or DT rear hub.
I will be doing a real gravel ride this morning and see how it does on that ride.
It will be a 17 mile loop on an old RR bed through the mountains that is mostly flat and a slight grade on the way out.
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/p...ley-rail-trail
Old 05-24-2019, 09:46 AM
formerly Landshark_98

Lovely bike and I enjoy mine very much for leisurely rides and it's versatility. Just road yesterday with some smooth Gravel King 38s that measure out to 41+ on Boyd Jocasee rims. This weekend I'll throw on some 700c wheels with Compass Pass Bon Jons which are measuring out at 38+ to see how the ride compares to more roadish bikes that I can run these wheelsets.

But after about a year of riding with this in the rotation, I wouldn't give up my rim brake road bikes or my Spectrum ti disc bike and have this as a one bike quiver killer. To me it's a slow down and enjoy the path less traveled bike; a whimsical fun ride not a go fast ride. A bike should I ever want to load up for bike packing would be right there for me. And a bike that I smile at everytime I look at it and see my Pacific NW surroundings looking back at me through the artwork of Kyler Martz.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2019, 03:37 PM

I am on WTB venture 47 on 35mm blunts and they plump out to close to 50. Im gonna try some GK 38 or 42's soon.

Let me know how the 700c work out for you. I would be interested to hear how they ride on that bike.

Last edited by skiezo; 05-24-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiezo View Post
I am on WTB venture 47 on 35mm blunts and they plump out to close to 50. Im gonna try some GK 38 or 42's soon.
I have a custom steel frame and fork that is very comparable to your 333. I've tried the Byways and Horizons and the SBH EL is a cut above. Give them a try if you can. For a little tread the lightest casing Thunderburt is a real winner as well.

Great bike, btw.