Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Louis Louis is offline
Boeuf Chaîne
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 20,521
OT: Ray, how's your Bitcoin investment going?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Andrewlcox's Avatar
Andrewlcox Andrewlcox is offline
Vintage Serotta
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Decatur, IL
Posts: 488
http://gizmodo.com/5994229/this-vide...-three-minutes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2013, 07:04 PM
jlwdm jlwdm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DFW TX
Posts: 3,100
I wish I had some from the first of the year when it was $13.50.

Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
slidey slidey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere...I'm the egg-man
Posts: 2,725
I watched this interview a few days back about Bitcoin in the hope of trying to understand it better. Unfortunately it cast a poor impression on the product, thanks to the very vocal rep they sent across.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Ahneida Ride's Avatar
Ahneida Ride Ahneida Ride is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: near the factory
Posts: 174,244
But no-one under vis et armis compelled you to use em.
Not the case with Feudal Preserve green stanps.

I'm in Feudal Preserve notes. The other Fiat currency.

I loose 6% a year.

The guy who started the Liberty Dollar is being accused of
Terrorist activities.
__________________
www.HandleBra.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Llewellyn's Avatar
Llewellyn Llewellyn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahneida Ride View Post
But no-one under vis et armis compelled you to use em.
Not the case with Feudal Preserve green stanps.

I'm in Feudal Preserve notes. The other Fiat currency.

I loose 6% a year.

The guy who started the Liberty Dollar is being accused of
Terrorist activities.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 PM
samsays samsays is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidey View Post
I watched this interview a few days back about Bitcoin in the hope of trying to understand it better. Unfortunately it cast a poor impression on the product, thanks to the very vocal rep they sent across.
Mohawk man speaks the truth. A true visionary for personal freedom from centralized systems and inherent corruption. Power to the people!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:16 PM
MattTuck's Avatar
MattTuck MattTuck is offline
Classics Fan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hanover, NH
Posts: 10,379
Bitcoin was the new gold, but it's so played out now.

Palladium is the new bitcoin. you heard it here first
__________________
Cold, gold and bloody.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 PM
MattTuck's Avatar
MattTuck MattTuck is offline
Classics Fan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hanover, NH
Posts: 10,379
Also hilarious...

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/04/...s-close-up/?hp

Winklevoss twins own 1% of all bitcoins.
__________________
Cold, gold and bloody.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 PM
samsays samsays is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
Also hilarious...

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/04/...s-close-up/?hp

Winklevoss twins own 1% of all bitcoins.
You mean The Winklevii...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:44 PM
rounder rounder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,053
I was going to suggest Paceline Bits as a new currency for bike parts, etc. It would require a leap of faith that would probably never happpen. There is no substitute for cash.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Louis Louis is offline
Boeuf Chaîne
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 20,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
Winklevoss twins own 1% of all bitcoins.
And they took a bit of a hit today...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Ahneida Ride's Avatar
Ahneida Ride Ahneida Ride is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: near the factory
Posts: 174,244
Actually frns = bitcons..

almost all frns are not paper (cash) ....
they are just data entries in a computer spreadsheet.

We are not FORCED to accept bitcons ...
We are COMPELLED to accept frns.


frn = non federal non reserve non note

The fed is a private central bank, you will not find it in the phone book
under government agencies. No more federal the fed ex.

It has no reserves ...

It's notes do not specify the terms of redemption, hence are NOT notes.
__________________
www.HandleBra.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
goonster's Avatar
goonster goonster is offline
Cranky!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE PA
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahneida Ride View Post
No more federal the fed ex.
The Fed was created by an act of Congress, and its board is appointed by the President.

So, yes, it is more federal than FedEx.
__________________
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 PM
ClutchCargo's Avatar
ClutchCargo ClutchCargo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Salem, NY
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahneida Ride View Post
Actually frns = bitcons..

almost all frns are not paper (cash) ....
they are just data entries in a computer spreadsheet.

We are not FORCED to accept bitcons ...
We are COMPELLED to accept frns.


frn = non federal non reserve non note

The fed is a private central bank, you will not find it in the phone book
under government agencies. No more federal the fed ex.

It has no reserves ...

It's notes do not specify the terms of redemption, hence are NOT notes.
Really?
So what?
__________________
"Always drink upstream from the herd."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.