Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2021, 11:25 AM
I need you cool.

Glory Cycles - South Carolina...legit?

Anyone ever purchased from these guys? They have a set of bars I need and want to make sure they are a legit seller....thx.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:26 AM

I've purchased a set of wheels from them, and everything was fine.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:05 PM

they are legit but very small staff during pandemic and were slow with communication. Otherwise, I've had great dealings with them.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:11 PM
Administrator

i would see if you can call them.

i get nervous these days with smaller sellers that may not have the most sophisticated ecommerce systems. it was less of a big deal in the days of old, but these days i would want to confirm something listed as in stock physically exists before placing an order.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:21 PM

Before March 2020, they carried very little and had to order everything. I doubt that has changed.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
Before March 2020, they carried very little and had to order everything. I doubt that has changed.
they are legit, but struggling with availability.

ordered campy SR UT cups in april, still waiting...but i've ordered from them just fine previously. lemme think...i bought my time vxrs from them.

Last edited by wallymann; 06-21-2021 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:45 PM
aka RAEKWON

I had a terrible experience with them, the one place I will never buy anything from.

I bought a frame from them and they told me it was out of stock (on their site they have everything but will not tell you they don't have most of it). They took my money and then said the frame was out of stock but they would it in a few weeks. Then became a month, then more, I don't remember but they stringed me a long for a while. Eventually I messaged the company (they sold the bike direct so I was wondering what the deal was since it was available on their site) They told me that their bikes had been out of stock for like a week and that is it, they have had plenty and looked and there was no order placed from glory for my frame. Glory probably did not have enough cash to order the frame so they were stringing me along, probably eventually some other sucker ordered a frame and they used his money and place order for my frame and the other dude would be waiting.

This was really bad and now how you should do business and the whole lying thing was not good. I am not the only one that has had problems with them, look online.

so I say, STAY AWAY.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:28 PM

I had a bad experience with them ordering a groupset. They told me it was available at the end of January, then February, then in March I asked them he it was going to show up. He said maybe sometime in the summer. I cancelled my order and ordered from someplace else. I think they get orders and then order the merchandise.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:37 PM

They are real. I just a few minutes away from my house. Not really a shop in the traditional sense. As far as I know, they order direct from suppliers as orders come in. In a way, they are at the mercy of the suppliers being on top of their actual inventory levels. The owner is a nice enough guy and is at the group rides in town. I have no personal experience actually ordering from them though.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
This has been the 'issue' with them historically. I have bought a number of things from them. Staff is very knowledgeable, and I have found them to be communicative and helpful, though, you will likely wait for your order. haven't ordered from them since the beginning of the pandemic, so I suppose you will wait for most things these days form most places. I've been calling online retailers to confirm stock, and this has helped a lot!
Old 01-17-2022, 10:27 PM
Deconditioned!

Bumping this up as a PSA. I've ordered from them in the past without issue. And, they are responsive and knowledgeable.

HOW****ingEVER, my most recent order, all items were shown "in stock".... is stuck. After a week with zero communication from them, I reached out. Turns out only 1 of the three items I ordered is actually in stock. The rest is the totally lame game of place the order, TAKE THE MONEY, and then order the bits from their supplier.

What I appreciate about stores like Compet Cyclist/Backcountry is that they don't charge a person's card until the order is actually filled. Imagine that. Responsible business practices.

This is complete bull****. Either mark it in stock (because it's sitting on the damn shelf), or don't.

This really chaps my hide because they have delivery/stock messages on many many items. So if they say they won't have a certain doodad in stock until xx/xx/xx, why not say that for other items?

So, I'd say to use them....BUT call/email to see if the thing actually is there. Else, be prepared to grow old and die waiting.

And no, I wasn't looking for some unobtanium thing. I was ordering what are basically consumables or small "tools".
Old 01-18-2022, 09:37 AM

I ordered 5 days ago with delivery expected today. I will update later today. Updated: arrived today.

Got my derailleur ordered the same day from Condor in the UK yesterday.

Jeff

Last edited by jlwdm; 01-18-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:32 PM

A few small dealings with Glory (pre-covid) was fine.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:37 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavi View Post
Bumping this up as a PSA. I've ordered from them in the past without issue. And, they are responsive and knowledgeable.

HOW****ingEVER, my most recent order, all items were shown "in stock".... is stuck. After a week with zero communication from them, I reached out. Turns out only 1 of the three items I ordered is actually in stock. The rest is the totally lame game of place the order, TAKE THE MONEY, and then order the bits from their supplier.

What I appreciate about stores like Compet Cyclist/Backcountry is that they don't charge a person's card until the order is actually filled. Imagine that. Responsible business practices.

This is complete bull****. Either mark it in stock (because it's sitting on the damn shelf), or don't.

This really chaps my hide because they have delivery/stock messages on many many items. So if they say they won't have a certain doodad in stock until xx/xx/xx, why not say that for other items?

So, I'd say to use them....BUT call/email to see if the thing actually is there. Else, be prepared to grow old and die waiting.

And no, I wasn't looking for some unobtanium thing. I was ordering what are basically consumables or small "tools".

There are a few posts about my experience with these guys. One of the worst experiences I ever had buying anything.

Yes some people have had good experiences but look online and see how many BAD experiences ppl have had. There is no reason to continue to support these people when there are so many better shops out there. Support the good shops and stop giving money to these asshats.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
before march 2020, they carried very little and had to order everything. I doubt that has changed.
+1