Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Electric Motorcycle: The perfect motor pacing tool...oh, and eco friendly too??

Not only could you use it to motor pace with out the crappy exhaust in your face of a gas powered motorcycle/scooter, but you're reducing the old carbon footprint at the same time. With a top speed of about 62 mph and a range of up to 68 miles, this could be the fun, eco friendly motor pacing tool you've always wanted. Oh, and it would be a good around town tooler too. They just opened a store in Newport this past weekend.

I wonder if the comes in custom sizes.

http://www.vectrix.com/Portal/1/Lang...Home_(US).aspx

William
Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 AM

They're local to you. Corporate offices in Newport and an R&D/manufacturing facility in New Bedford. Principal manufacturing in Poland. I've been on one. Very cool. Twist the throttle forward and it has regenerative braking. Market is Italy where CO2 laws are much tigher and offset the high cost.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet
They're local to you. Corporate offices in Newport and an R&D/manufacturing facility in New Bedford. Principal manufacturing in Poland. I've been on one. Very cool. Twist the throttle forward and it has regenerative braking. Market is Italy where CO2 laws are much tigher and offset the high cost.
I heard about their grand opening on NPR this morning. If I had heard about it before hand I probably would have shot over there. I might even have paid the toll to go over the Newport bridge to get there (I usually duct tape my daughter's Tickle Me Elmo , with a token in one hand, over the back plate so the cameras can't get my plate number). Anyway, next time I'm over there I'll stop by and take a look.

William