Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2019, 03:44 PM

2019 cycling TV schedule

Does anyone have a link to 2019 race coverage available in the US?

I'm looking for:
  • Event
  • Date/time of airing
  • Network

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2019, 03:57 PM

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/cycling
https://www.flobikes.com/signup?utm_...4fa70e340cbe2e
https://www.velonews.com/2019/02/new...in-2019_482734
https://www.outsideonline.com/239101...o-cycling-2019
Old 03-04-2019, 05:57 PM

Thank you.

You won't need to purchases the NBC Sports Gold package to get the Tour, correct?
Old 03-04-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendRider View Post
Thank you.

You won't need to purchases the NBC Sports Gold package to get the Tour, correct?
No, but it's 65% commercials
Old 03-05-2019, 06:27 AM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
No, but it's 65% commercials
Not on my DVR.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendRider View Post
Thank you.

You can watch the tour on the NBC Sports channel available on most cable/satellite packages. As others have noted, there are lots of commercials and commentary during the broadcasts.

The NBC Sports Gold app is an annual subscription service that runs from June to June of each year. For $50, you get all the races they cover commercial-free. You can watch them live or replay them at your convenience. I usually watch the races on my iPad, but can also show them on my family room TV. Right now, they're running a $20 special for the remainder of the spring season (e.g., Paris-Nice, Volta a Catalunya, Paris-Roubaix, Fleche Wallonne, LBL, Tour of California, Dauphine). I've used the NBC Sports Gold app (and its predecessors) for years. Best bike race viewing $$ I've ever spent!

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NBCSG.jpg (26.9 KB, 134 views)
Old 03-05-2019, 09:25 AM

NBC Sports Gold is definitely worth it.

Question on FLobikes...are there full event replays?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:30 AM

^^^^found the replays.

Flobikes sounds like a good option for the Giro as you can pay monthly and cancel anytime.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:04 AM

I just spent 40 quids and re-upped my Eurosport subscription for like the sixth year. All the bike racing you could ever want, every single one of them. Minimal commercial breaks, too.

Just need a VPN. If you want to be a cheapskate, the VPN per se is sufficient to allow you to access Sporza
Old 03-05-2019, 10:34 AM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
I just spent 40 quids and re-upped my Eurosport subscription for like the sixth year. All the bike racing you could ever want, every single one of them. Minimal commercial breaks, too.
Enjoy it while you can.

I have subscribed to Eurosport for 3-4 years. Last year my CC was compromised and a new card issued. In Jan when my ES subscription was due for renewal I tried to do so with the new card and it would not work. The ES site kept telling me that I needed to "please use a payment method registered in this country"...in other words, a CC from a UK bank. I guess they're trying to stop people from doing what many of us here have been for a while.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:08 AM

it may or may not be possible to get around that payment block by using a paypal account set to a different country.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
You can watch the tour on the NBC Sports channel available on most cable/satellite packages. As others have noted, there are lots of commercials and commentary during the broadcasts.
One advantage I've found to DVR-ing the NBC Sport Channel is the ability to fast forward through the less active parts of the race. Let's face it, a race that's 5 or 6 hours doesn't have 5 or 6 hours of interesting viewing. There are large portions of the race where there's not much going on. While many streaming replay services allow you to skip ahead, there's a chance you can miss some important action. But with a DVR, instead of skipping, you can watch at an accelerated rate, so you can see all the action, just faster. Some DVRs even have a fast-play mode, which allows both video and audio to play at a 30% faster rate.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:13 AM

I like to watch live, though, when possible. Hard to avoid spoilers on social media.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Oh, and Eurosport player may or may not be cheaper if you set your VPN to a country other than the UK and use that countries Eurosport site. (renewed last November for 44.50 polish zloty, about $12)
Old 03-05-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
Enjoy it while you can.

I have subscribed to Eurosport for 3-4 years. Last year my CC was compromised and a new card issued. In Jan when my ES subscription was due for renewal I tried to do so with the new card and it would not work. The ES site kept telling me that I needed to "please use a payment method registered in this country"...in other words, a CC from a UK bank. I guess they're trying to stop people from doing what many of us here have been for a while.

unfortunately, you aren't the first person to confirm this

really disappointing

i lucked through, with the auto renewal (despite an address change); doubt i'd have the same success down the road. maybe they have yet to catch on in some of the other countries (Ireland, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
Oh, and Eurosport player may or may not be cheaper if you set your VPN to a country other than the UK and use that countries Eurosport site. (renewed last November for 44.50 polish zloty, about $12)
is your coverage in Polish or English?

and were you able to circumvent the issue @choke described?