Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 05-05-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefantino View Post
Looking forward to a full ride report!
How about a partial ride report for now? Still tweaking as their are many new “ things “ this bike has that my others didn’t have...

I will tell you this, I am loving the disc brakes. Super solid feeling, much quieter, much less dust, great modulation and the SRAM ETap HRD shifters have a bunch of adjustments.

The rear suspension kind of threw me at first as their is only one piece of information on it on the web and nothing in the owners manuals. But after a quick call to Pinarello, I got it completely sorted. They were nothing short of amazing on the phone. Of course, I was doing it wrong...

The 28’s I’m still tweaking as well. I think I can actually run them even lower than 80psi. And I’m trying a few different brands.

So, all in all, it’s been a fun work in progress. I will tell you this, it fits well and rides beautifully. Working on trying smooth out the mean streets of LA now.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:12 PM

Thats a really cool bike. Id love to try one
Old 05-05-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Thats a really cool bike. Id love to try one
You are more than welcome to if you are ever in Los Angeles. I do believe we are the same size...
Old 06-15-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefantino View Post
Looking forward to a full ride report!
Full ride report:

Took a bit of tweaking to get it just right , but the rear suspension is subtle, but does helps. 28’s on 2 different wheel sets. 3.4’s wear Specialized Turbo’s and the Reynolds 46’s wear Conti GP 5000’s. Still playing with tire pressure... but so far they have a very similar ride, but the Specs handle better.

The Swissstop disc pads with SRAM XR rotors took a bit to wear in, but now that they have they are chatter free and pretty much silent except for super hard, extended braking.

I really do enjoy riding this bike. It’s very comfortable and just does everything right. And, it’s a real head turner. Been stopped many times to chat with people who are admiring it.

It’s surprisingly heavier compared to my F8 ( which was super-duper light weight ) but I chock this up to the rear suspension, beefier stays and the 28’s. Cannot find published weights anywhere for Dogma bikes.

Not sure what else to say about it, but it’s definitely the best carbon bike I’ve ever owned. No comparison to the way it felt against the C60. That bike was down right harsh. I always felt pretty beat up ( especially my back ) after riding it. Do not feel at all beat up after riding the Dogma.

That’s all for now...
Old 06-15-2019, 08:04 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
Full ride report:

Took a bit of tweaking to get it just right , but the rear suspension is subtle, but does helps. 28’s on 2 different wheel sets. 3.4’s wear Specialized Turbo’s and the Reynolds 46’s wear Conti GP 5000’s. Still playing with tire pressure... but so far they have a very similar ride, but the Specs handle better.

The Swissstop disc pads with SRAM XR rotors took a bit to wear in, but now that they have they are chatter free and pretty much silent except for super hard, extended braking.

I really do enjoy riding this bike. It’s very comfortable and just does everything right. And, it’s a real head turner. Been stopped many times to chat with people who are admiring it.

It’s surprisingly heavier compared to my F8 ( which was super-duper light weight ) but I chock this up to the rear suspension, beefier stays and the 28’s. Cannot find published weights anywhere for Dogma bikes.

Not sure what else to say about it, but it’s definitely the best carbon bike I’ve ever owned. No comparison to the way it felt against the C60. That bike was down right harsh. I always felt pretty beat up ( especially my back ) after riding it. Do not feel at all beat up after riding the Dogma.

That’s all for now...
discs make bikes much heavier... I would say that is one the main culprits.

Bike looks awesome, love the colorway and OG etap hydro is fantastic. Not as good as campy in terms of brake performance imo but still very nice and the shifting is perfect to me. I got the same pads as you and still have some chatter, hope it goes away soon.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:33 AM

Love the colorway, gorgeous build
Old 08-31-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
discs make bikes much heavier... I would say that is one the main culprits.

Bike looks awesome, love the colorway and OG etap hydro is fantastic. Not as good as campy in terms of brake performance imo but still very nice and the shifting is perfect to me. I got the same pads as you and still have some chatter, hope it goes away soon.
I found the perfect combination. Centerline XR rotors with Swissstop Exotherm II brake pads. No chatter and are pretty much 100% silent.