Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2017, 02:16 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAO View Post
These sound and look pretty nifty. I'd be keen to try them. Anybody know where I can pickup a pair at less than an arm, a leg, or both?
Do what I did. Ask for them as a christmas/birthday gift.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
How do bibs "break in"? I mean, this is not leather... it is lycra and foam, is it not?

That's interesting though, that it held true. They've got some crazy mojo over there.
As Houston said, totally legit. Dottores in particular took several rides to break in. But man, when they do....
Old 03-06-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
My bib $$$ ceiling is 40% of that ^.
I recommend you raise the roof.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Category VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
I recommend you raise the roof.
It's tough! Team gives me kit every year so I barely ride anything else anymore. I have a pair of TSH fleece bibs that are still in their bag, as well as a pair of Rapha bib tights in the same situation. Herd has gotten plump and padded.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:42 PM

Got no action in the classifieds last summer but

I have a new in box L1 essential salopette bib short in Large for $250 if anyone is interested. I think it was $325 after tax.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:23 PM

Once my L1 bibs were broken in, sold my Assos. Now own all 4 styles, not a fan of the vented, different pad. Have went through most major brands, these are the best by far for me but every butt is different.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:13 PM

Used to be an ASSOS guy.. Now I'm a Q guy .. Have a lot of their kit from base layers to jerseys to the L1 vest to gloves (short/summer & long/winter) to knee & arm warmers and 2 pairs of Miles bibs .. Didn't care too much for the Dottore or Salopette (sold one here on PL & the other went on Flea bay)

Love the fit, finish and quality of the gear ... It is above ASSOS considering Luigi (founder of Q) was the ASSOS R&D guy for 20+ years until he decided to "do his own thing"
Chad's place (Above Catergory) is the US distributor and importer.
You can also buy direct from Q. https://www.q36-5.com/content/en-1/home-q36-5.html
At checkout they remove the VAT and if you order over $250 euro, they will DHL ship for FREE. Took me 3 days to get my order. If you order less, its $12 euro for regular mail and that can take approx. 10 days .. and I'm on the West Coast
Take the plunge and spend the $$ . You wont be disappointed.

But to really answer the OP question ... I never wore the L1 or Dottore so I can't comment but I have a riding buddy who did say he noticed some "sound" when he moved around in the saddle and he equated this to the material used in the higher dollar shorts (L1/Dottore) as opposed to the Miles.

Last edited by kitsnob; 03-07-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:10 AM

Dottore or Essential for hot weather? Same sizing as Assos? How is leg length--longer, shorter?
Old 03-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Category VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesea View Post
Dottore or Essential for hot weather? Same sizing as Assos? How is leg length--longer, shorter?
Last night, I ordered the Essential from Swinnerton in the UK. Shipping was free. I sent a follow-up email this morning to see if they could put a rush on the package, as I'm leaving to cali 1 week from today.

Reply came that they were all out of the Essential and would happily send the vented or Dottore rush for the same cost. I chose Dottore.

I'm between the M and L in Rapha pro team and went with Medium. Hope I made the right choice or I'm going to have some slimming down to do.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Last night, I ordered the Essential from Swinnerton in the UK. Shipping was free. I sent a follow-up email this morning to see if they could put a rush on the package, as I'm leaving to cali 1 week from today.

Reply came that they were all out of the Essential and would happily send the vented or Dottore rush for the same cost. I chose Dottore.

I'm between the M and L in Rapha pro team and went with Medium. Hope I made the right choice or I'm going to have some slimming down to do.

Wow great prices and *very* tempting, although I've never heard of them or their reputation. Hmmm.

I'm decidedly a large, Assos sizing.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Category VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesea View Post
Wow great prices and *very* tempting, although I've never heard of them or their reputation. Hmmm.

I'm decidedly a large, Assos sizing.
I don't remember when but I have ordered from them in the past. They have an old address on file for me so sometime pre-2012. An email search turned up no results.

I do have my tracking number already though and customer service has been above and beyond so far.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:

You should be fine- I definitively wear the XL in Pro Team bibs and have the L1s in L. I bet the XL would fit too but the L is totally comfortable on the bike.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:44 AM

Have ordered all of my Q36.5 bibs from Swinnerton, L1 and Miles are my favorite.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Category VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
You should be fine- I definitively wear the XL in Pro Team bibs and have the L1s in L. I bet the XL would fit too but the L is totally comfortable on the bike.
I'm looking forward to wearing one bib for 5 rides and 350km over 6 days. Should be broken in by then.

Also Sandy, you're lean. I have a much more stout lower body than you.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I don't remember when but I have ordered from them in the past. They have an old address on file for me so sometime pre-2012. An email search turned up no results.

I do have my tracking number already though and customer service has been above and beyond so far.

Thanks again.

They are limited in stock at the moment. Just inquired whether that have the Dottore in black. Vented would seem a good choice for our sub-tropical climes, but I always question the longevity of such material which tend to "fuzz" out over time.