Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 10:34 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
And those matching color Boras! (Pssst, bike and wheels come in disc too, shhhh!)
But not for Movistar......
Old 01-18-2018, 10:52 AM

Cause Marketing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
But not for Movistar......
tator, will be a sad day for you when they hype it in Dope De Tour, stay tuned....
Old 01-18-2018, 10:55 AM

Space Ships

Has anyone seen the 2018 Tour time trial bikes yet? I've searched and can't find any pics. Post a pic or link if anyone finds something. I bet they are going ti be some wild looking machines this year
Old 01-18-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Has anyone seen the 2018 Tour time trial bikes yet? I've searched and can't find any pics. Post a pic or link if anyone finds something. I bet they are going ti be some wild looking machines this year
This usually comes later. There is no TT stage at the TDU and in minor tours with one, the teams often don't bring current TT bikes or ride road bikes.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:03 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
tator, will be a sad day for you when they hype it in Dope De Tour, stay tuned....
Nope, not sad at all. I know it's coming and already here. I said many times, when discs come to road bikes, I'm quitting..which I did in November of 2013..

so it's a discussion point for me, nothing more..like I've said, I don't have to
-use 'em
-sell 'em
-work on 'em...

BUT the emotion, amazing..on both sides..it's a brake, it slows ya down...
Old 01-18-2018, 11:10 AM

It's Fun

Quote:
Nope, not sad at all. I know it's coming and already here. I said many times, when discs come to road bikes, I'm quitting..which I did in November of 2013..

so it's a discussion point for me, nothing more..like I've said, I don't have to
-use 'em
-sell 'em
-work on 'em...

BUT the emotion, amazing..on both sides..it's a brake, it slows ya down...
The most fun I've had with you tator is from the premise of the story you've tried to use, as if the Dope De Tour is a point of validation for anything. If you hate hype, that's all the tour is/was.

It's like saying that over there is a place of virtue while pointing to a whore house that sells drugs in the back .
Old 01-18-2018, 11:12 AM

Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptourkin View Post
This usually comes later. There is no TT stage at the TDU and in minor tours with one, the teams often don't bring current TT bikes or ride road bikes.
Thanks. I have seen some bold designs lately, bikes with al manner of boxes and compartments integrated into the frame. It'll be interesting for sure.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:17 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
The most fun I've had with you tator is from the premise of the story you've tried to use, as if the Dope De Tour is a point of validation for anything. If you hate hype, that's all the tour is/was.

It's like saying that over there is a place of virtue while pointing to a whore house that sells drugs in the back .
Never said it validated anything. I said it was and is used as a marketing vehicle for manufacturers. BUT disc brakes? Don't really GAS...discussion point..to watch 'some be 'evangelical' about it...same happened with road STI in the late 80s..same with clipless pedals right before that..the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:31 AM

Hmmm...

Quote:
Never said it validated anything. I said it was and is used as a marketing vehicle for manufacturers. BUT disc brakes? Don't really GAS...discussion point..to watch 'some be 'evangelical' about it...same happened with road STI in the late 80s..same with clipless pedals right before that..the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I get you. My irritation isn't hype, I can live with that, it's everywhere and you just have to filter it out. Even my toilet paper is quilted, tri ply and the best you can buy. Hype and the ad game is as old as man. I just skip over the bits I don't like.

My irritant is willfully using misinformation to a room full of adults. If I or another doesn't like a particular thing, we shouldn't have to manufacture falsehoods to go along with bias. And I agree with you tator, that's on both sides.

I'll tell you on cycling product I don't get, that's road tubeless. Spraying sticky muck into your tires, yuk. Start a thread on that one day and we'll be on the same side line. And In promise I won't use any false narratives to make a point.

And, I'm trade marking, 'Tour De France, it's like a whore house that sells drugs in the back".
Old 01-18-2018, 11:37 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
[/B]

I get you. My irritation isn't hype, I can live with that, it's everywhere and you just have to filter it out. Even my toilet paper is quilted, tri ply and the best you can buy. Hype and the ad game is as old as man. I just skip over the bits I don't like.

My irritant is willfully using misinformation to a room full of adults. If I or another doesn't like a particular thing, we shouldn't have to manufacture falsehoods to go along with bias. And I agree with you tator, that's on both sides.

I'll tell you on cycling product I don't get, that's road tubeless. Spraying sticky muck into your tires, yuk. Start a thread on that one day and we'll be on the same side line. And In promise I won't use any false narratives to make a point.

And, I'm trade marking, 'Tour De France, it's like a whore house that sells drugs in the back".
You mean what manufacturer's do everyday? I wish I could find that quote from some sram guy..essentially saying that anybody that doesn't fully embrace road discs, that is a huge and damaging disservice to the bicycle industry..and it needs to STOP RIGHT NOW...
Old 01-18-2018, 11:55 AM

See, He's Got Container Loads Of Stuff And...

Quote:
You mean what manufacturer's do everyday? I wish I could find that quote from some sram guy..essentially saying that anybody that doesn't fully embrace road discs, that is a huge and damaging disservice to the bicycle industry..and it needs to STOP RIGHT NOW...
Yeah, damaging and a disservice to his bottom line! Poor guy is covering his assets. But yeah, it doesn't get my jimmies rustled in the least. Again, room full of adults, we can filter out what he was doing there.

Pinarello released a long and arrogant "article", lol, about not making a disc bike only to do so within a few months of that blurb. It didn't rustle my jimmies though, who cares? Tator, the bicycle market is so over saturated that you can have any flavor and color anytime you want. So if a new one pops up, or another one folds or if a brand doesn't have something, nobody even blinks. We are drowning in choices.

AbOut SRAM: SRAM is fighting for it's life and will use whatever tactic it can to survive. And I would be surprised if one soul on this board agreed with his statement above. You just have to filter.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Yeah, damaging and a disservice to his bottom line! Poor guy is covering his assets. But yeah, it doesn't get my jimmies rustled in the least. Again, room full of adults, we can filter out what he was doing there.

Pinarello released a long and arrogant "article", lol, about not making a disc bike only to do so within a few months of that blurb. It didn't rustle my jimmies though, who cares? Tator, the bicycle market is so over saturated that you can have any flavor and color anytime you want. So if a new one pops up, or another one folds or if a brand doesn't have something, nobody even blinks. We are drowning in choices.

AbOut SRAM: SRAM is fighting for it's life and will use whatever tactic it can to survive. And I would be surprised if one soul on this board agreed with his statement above. You just have to filter.
I have a hard time filtering anything from those bozos. Fighting for its life? Hope so...