Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2020, 08:36 PM

I have some made by Pearl Izumi, and have used them for quite a few years. They have been very durable, simple (just black), with great pocket layout and access. I recommend PI for these, if they are still making this kind of thing.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:22 AM

Knickers and shorts can add decorum for sure. Knickers in particular also add versatility while touring. I'll bring a pair as my only off-the-bike bottoms. They also obviate the need for knee warmers. Finally, on occasion I will ride in just the knickers and nylon underwear as a change-up or while the bibs are lashed to the saddle bag or pannier air drying. (BTW if you wear boxers both the Give and Go and Give and Go Sport from Ex Officio are excellent)
Old 08-07-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFly View Post
On a whim, I bought a pair of Kuhl renegade shorts for more casual wear. I soon discovered they make a great over short as they are 1_Quick drying, 2_ plenty of pockets (especially like the side pockets for mobile phone (off bike), 3_ unrestrictive.

YMMV and HTH.

https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/shorts/renegade-short/
I too have several of these and wear them for everything. However, even for MTB I find wearing overshorts just too warm for me. The Patagonia MTB shorts are great because they are very stretchy, but again they are warmer than I care for.