Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Administrator

wow, interesting perspectives here.

for me, if i'm riding first thing in the AM, it's well under 15 minutes from my feet hitting the bedroom floor to kickstands-up.

in the times of corona, i've taken to riding early one day a work week.

one of my real joys is filling a bottle full of ice, brewing coffee and pouring it over ice - and drinking iced coffee for the first 20 minutes of the ride - bliss!

first thing in the AM if i'm riding less than three hours, no food, just jump on the bike and go. maybe a banana in the back pocket for the midway snack.

i'm an early riser and i'll hit the road by 6, ride for 2.75 hours and still be logged on before 90% of my officemates are up and moving!
Old 08-06-2020, 06:09 PM

If I'm going riding by myself in the early morning I can be out on the road in about 15 minutes. If both me and my wife are going for a ride it's about an hour or more - she's not good at mornings!!
Old 08-07-2020, 01:19 AM

When I'm going on a lunch ride, I can be changed and on the bike in 10 minutes. on the weekends, I usually prep the bike and have things ready to go, but I don't like to rush, so it takes be a good 40 minutes to get out the door.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:30 PM

This AM: Alarm, out of bed at 5:48, kit up (selected last night based on forecast), fill bottle, bathroom, snack in pocket, rolling at 5:58. Solid one hour ride; home before the kiddos woke up.

I had a KOM I needed take back, so I was extra prepared.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:02 PM

This is beginning to feel like a competition. Next we'll read about the guy who sleeps in his kit. Meantime, kudos to the time-crunched ones; I used to live like that.

Especially in the time of Covid (few cycling appointments to keep) and with racing back on-line, I take a good hour or two or three.... With high temps on the SF side of the bridge this time of year in the low 60s - sometimes less - like to let it warm up a bit. Drive to ride? Nope.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Shrimp123

22 hours for a 2 hour ride.

i put everything in place (except fill water) the previous day, normally after that day's ride. I have a forgetful memory and am prone to forgetting things when on time crunch.
just before ride, i dress up (so far i have not forgotten that), fill water (pre-covid, i have used a water stop to fix forgetfulness) and head out.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:17 PM

“$hitting and kitting now” is my standard text to my riding buddy before heading out. If I don’t text it first then he does....mid day or evening ride INeed 15 min. Mornings I need 30 min to an hour depending on the length of ride.