Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Are you recommending these having ridden them, or based on spec?

Interested in your views if you've used them since there doesn't seem to be much written about them.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:15 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbb View Post
Are you recommending these having ridden them, or based on spec?

Interested in your views if you've used them since there doesn't seem to be much written about them.
I have used them. They are excellent, fast rolling, very smooth, true to size, very affordable, highly recommend.

I have ridden other 30+mm tires like Challenge, Rene Herse, Panaracer...the Specialized has the best overall tradeoffs.

I don't normally make recommendation on things that I haven't tried myself, that's been my pet peeves all along.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:22 AM
That guy..

I'm going to recommend the g one speeds aswell. Super impressed with that tire. Very well balanced tire. Running them tubeless for commuting and general riding at about 55-60psi. Sets up tubeless easily. For me. It's been reliable so far, and will be getting another set to replace mine when they are worn. So far I've put about 4800kms on the set and they are wearing very evenly. Mixed road surfaces.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I have used them. They are excellent, fast rolling, very smooth, true to size, very affordable, highly recommend.

I have ridden other 30+mm tires like Challenge, Rene Herse, Panaracer...the Specialized has the best overall tradeoffs.

I don't normally make recommendation on things that I haven't tried myself, that's been my pet peeves all along.
Thank you, I do appreciate your response and I know you'll always call it as you see it (and have tried more kit than most)

Going to pick up a set
Old 08-02-2020, 01:32 PM

Grand Bois dark green Cerf is a great 700-30 tire that comes in regular and extra light.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:53 PM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbb View Post
Thank you, I do appreciate your response and I know you'll always call it as you see it (and have tried more kit than most)

Going to pick up a set
Ha! Now you are putting me on the firing squad...er..I mean, the spot.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I can 2nd these. I had set on my bike for year and I only replaced them to go with gravelking SK's for more gravel/dirt.

They were the easiest setup of the tubeless tires I've mounted and I'll probably go back to them when I get a 2nd wheelset.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Grand Bois dark green Cerf is a great 700-30 tire that comes in regular and extra light.
I picked up a set of these to run with tubes. I'll look at the spec. and the G one for a tubeless set up.
Thanks for all the help.
Brian
Old 08-03-2020, 06:38 PM

Another vote for the Specialized. Easy setup tubeless and great price/durability. They measured a plump 32 on my Belgium + rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2020, 04:17 AM

I'm on Hutchinson Fusion Performance 11Storm TLR, 28c front 30c rear. It has everything you can ask in a tubeless tire. I come from non-TLR Challenge P-R (real 30-31c on wide rims), and the Hutchinson are better.

Last edited by nachetetm; 08-04-2020 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:35 AM

I have use older Schwalbe One 700x28 that measure out to 31mm on my wide Boyd Altamont wheels. I keep a stash of them because they are so good.

I am trying Conti5000 700x32 that measure out to 32mm on the same wheels. They are just as good (and better than the 4000 II which sucked and why I originally went to the Schwalbe tires).

They are both clinchers/tubes. I am not refined enough to know/tell the difference but they both ride great on good roads, crappy roads, and some light off-road stuff.