Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2020, 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=Asudef;2755353]Assuming the bike doesn't need any tune ups/adjustments by your LBS, first/best thing you could do is get fitted. I'm not sure how that would work in the post COVID world but that would make sure the bike fits and works for you.

Right on, yeah I planned on getting fitted as soon as I got my bike but was unaware of how expensive it is. My LBS exclusively offers a Retül fit which I’ve seen other forum members mention as a popular fit but I don’t know if it’s worth shelling out $300
Old 07-11-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallymann View Post
so many questions, but I'll focus on this one: just ride your bike, and when you're done riding ride some more! your body needs to adapt and your technique needs to develop. spend only what you need to make your bike safe and comfortable and fit properly. link up with a club and learn from others. and keep riding!

PS. welcome to the peloton!
Thanks Wally, such a simple answer but it makes a lot of sense. I had just gotten done with a bike ride upon reading your reply and so I decided to go home, refuel and then go back out and do laps around the track til about midnight. I actually ended up having more fun on the second ride than the first so thank you for the warm welcome and the advice!!!
Old 07-11-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankwurst View Post
What wallymann said. It's like anything else there's a learning curve. You'll get it with time. A good fit, making sure the bike is tuned up and safe and time on the bike is the best beginning. The rest will follow.
Thanks, I’m finding that each time I get on the bike I’m learning something new thus making each ride more fun than the last. Thanks for your help, also looking into a Retül fit.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
I read the thread literally seconds after it was posted and was gonna typed up something along those lines but got distracted to something else. Wally pal is spot on.

It's amazing all the knowledge and wisdom that took 30+ years of riding to acquire can be summarized in just those few words. Amazing!
Wow I feel honored, I plan on keeping that bit of advice in my saddle bag forever... The more I’ve ridden my bike the more I’ve fell in love with riding so I think he’s onto something 🤔
Old 07-11-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
PS: OP...welcome to the Forum. Cool tag, too. Although "420arachnid" would've been better. Can you imagine the horror of a bunch of arachnids with a 420 "issue?" Mind boggling. After they're done with the Dorritos ... they're coming for you!!!!
Hey thanks for the warm welcome man. Lmao, we’d be pretty f***ed. Spiders, as harmless as most of them are, are about as scary looking as Gary Busey. Funny you mention it, AZ is a very “420 friendly” state so ive dipped and dabbled and friends and I have attempted to get bugs high lol I remember one time seshing at my cousins house we each gave a beetle a fat ass hit and he was in like a coma for the next several hours. Do cycling & 420 mix?
Old 07-11-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben View Post
Thanks mane, Will do. Who’s the rider in the poster ?
Old 07-11-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 520arachnid View Post
Hey thanks for the warm welcome man. Lmao, we’d be pretty f***ed. Spiders, as harmless as most of them are, are about as scary looking as Gary Busey. Funny you mention it, AZ is a very “420 friendly” state so ive dipped and dabbled and friends and I have attempted to get bugs high lol I remember one time seshing at my cousins house we each gave a beetle a fat ass hit and he was in like a coma for the next several hours. Do cycling & 420 mix?
Haha. Climb Mt. Lemon. Better than sativa. Also, do a little research on pre-ride (or exercise stretching) Better to skip the static stretches.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:33 PM

Welcome.

Please post picture of your bike too
Old 07-12-2020, 02:59 AM
Hrmm

Second Wally's advice, save your money on a fit until you get into cycling shape. Just pay attention to your body for now and see what needs adjustment, there's tons of information out there!