Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy340 View Post
Seven RedSky (steel and Ti) was in their lineup for a while but they stopped producing/selling 5e midreach fork and a-c is non standard (383mm)
Seven updated the 5e to this:

Seven PureRoad Medium Reach Fork
Like its road cousin, the PureRoad Medium Reach fork features a tapered steerer (1-1/2” - 1-1/8”) and the same variable rake that has made our 5E road forks so essential to the perfect road build. The PureRoad Medium Reach is another proprietary Seven design, with the best balance of lateral-stiffness to weight of any carbon road fork on the market today. The wide selection of rakes helps us guarantee optimal frame-fork integration and handling. As with the 5E, the Pure Road remains the only high-performance road fork available with optional fender mounts and clearance for a 35mm tire.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:30 PM

Thanks - my mistake, I was focusing on 1 1/8 forks and missed this tapered version

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Seven updated the 5e to this:

Seven PureRoad Medium Reach Fork
Like its road cousin, the PureRoad Medium Reach fork features a tapered steerer (1-1/2” - 1-1/8”) and the same variable rake that has made our 5E road forks so essential to the perfect road build. The PureRoad Medium Reach is another proprietary Seven design, with the best balance of lateral-stiffness to weight of any carbon road fork on the market today. The wide selection of rakes helps us guarantee optimal frame-fork integration and handling. As with the 5E, the Pure Road remains the only high-performance road fork available with optional fender mounts and clearance for a 35mm tire.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:38 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
Careful of Habenero if you aren't flexible - the headtubes are real short for touring/gravel
Since the gent was looking at a long reach brake rig, I was assuming it would be custom..
Old 10-22-2019, 03:46 PM

I guess this falls in the custom category, but the Independent Fab Club Racer was a "standard" in their model line up. Most often in steel, but if my memory serves I've seen a few in titanium.

Everything I envisioned a bike should be 10 years ago but still relevant today.

https://www.ifrider.com/category/reg...acer-titanium/