Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 AM

Hampton Va, a quick thanks

i'm back from my trip to hampton, va.
Thanks to Frank, Sam, Bernie for pointing me in the right direction!
just wanted to say i can highly recommend Bikes Unlimited in Williamsburg, Va, right by the william and mary stadium. Barry hooked me up with a surprisingly great(i'd not heard of them) devinici bike. The riding in and around williamsburg was awesome.

I don't think Myron is a forumite, but if you ride with him--watch him on the hills--he does not slow down--something about his 113 cadence...

jim
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Frank D.

Jim,

Glad that you were able to enjoy the historic triangle area. Yes, the riding is great. We are slowly installing bike lanes and paths throughout Williamsburg, James City County and York, Co. And there are so many rural scenic roads and pleasant weather that we are able to ride 10 + months out of the year. The summers can be very humid! If I could live in the Pacific Northwest during July and August....well, let's say that I am working on it.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 PM

Arrow

Glad that you were able to enjoy the historic triangle area. Yes, the riding is great

do drop by to www.fine-nike.com look through the articles there
Old 03-24-2008, 07:07 PM

Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoqing
Glad that you were able to enjoy the historic triangle area. Yes, the riding is great

do drop by to www.fine-nike.com look through the articles there
this is the best spam software ever!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:07 AM

Jim,

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Barry is a good guy, I'll pass your comments on. DeVinci is a Canadian bike company. They tried to get some traction in the US but pulled back a few years ago when they weren't going anywhere. Dealers are limited but the bikes are great. Funny you got to ride with Myron! He cracks us up, always wants to go fast. Come back and visit anytime

Bernie
Old 03-25-2008, 11:13 AM

well, 3 yrs in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie
Jim,

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Barry is a good guy, I'll pass your comments on. DeVinci is a Canadian bike company. They tried to get some traction in the US but pulled back a few years ago when they weren't going anywhere. Dealers are limited but the bikes are great. Funny you got to ride with Myron! He cracks us up, always wants to go fast. Come back and visit anytime

Bernie
bummed i never went up to williamsburg the past 2 years. I ate at Sal's by Victor and it was awesome. We all want to go fast--but Myron actually can (at least faster than me). I had nice rides (esp going around jolly pond and the reservoir/dam), got to ride with someone stronger/faster, great bike, great bike shop, got to cruise through W&M--nothing like co-eds to make you feel your age, or worse.
jim
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM

I lived in the 'burg for 6 years of my life. I have to admit to not being that enthusiastic about the cycling, though. I did like to roll down Jamestown Rd to the ferry over to Surry, however.

I'm glad you had a good time, though, Jim. W&M is a great school.