Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORMojo View Post
This makes sense. And it fits with my thoughts about the Scott - more comfort/speed than my previous YBB, but not overkill. I may like the Scott and be happy staying with it, or it may lead me a year or so from now to the Ripley.
If you truly are not going to be riding any terrain where you need the extra suspension or tire room of the Ripley, go for the Scott - and add a Ripley or similar if/when it is the right bike for your use case..

I started out thinking I wanted a MTB that would double as a gravel bike but quickly found that would limit my enjoyment of a lot of the trails I have access to here and took a swift left turn into bigger bike territory - hence returning the Canyon HT and buying the EVIL. But that doesn't sound like where you are right now.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:59 PM

Another vote for the Scott and also another shout out for an Orbea Oiz. It's a great bike.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:50 PM

I have a 19” Mooto-x ybb I am looking to move pretty cheap if you’re interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
I have a 19” Mooto-x ybb I am looking to move pretty cheap if you’re interested?
Thanks! I looked at that, but would want to build it up fully geared. Think I'm more interested right now in going true full suss.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORMojo View Post
Thanks! I looked at that, but would want to build it up fully geared. Think I'm more interested right now in going true full suss.

Would happily sell the frameset, but understand the full SUS want. I just picked up a Tallboy 3 and am looking forward to riding it this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2021, 06:31 PM

Well, of course this would happen . . .

The Ripley above I originally considered got away from me before I could buy it. Not too concerned about that, I bought the Scott, needing, as I said above, a full sus mtb to get me through until the brand new Ripleys are available again.

And what happens a month later. I snag an amazing deal on an as-new Ripley XT with I9 Hydra/Ibis S28 carbon wheels and upgraded shock, and including the Arundel cage, the computer mount, pedals, shock pump, a brand-new spare chain, and more. All for way less than I would have paid for a brand new stock Ripley Deore, and less than I paid for the Scott. There isn't a single mark on the bike, it rides amazing (I was supposed to mow the back lawn this morning, but no, went out riding instead), and to top it off, the guy I bought it from was 9 blocks away from me.

So I'll be selling the Scott once I get around to listing it. PM me if interested before that.

RipleySpark - Copy.jpg

Ripley - Copy.jpg

Last edited by ORMojo; 05-29-2021 at 07:15 PM.