Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2021, 07:19 PM

Side-tack seat stays (I’ve never seen on a titanium bike) but no lugs in sight. Love the integrated seatpost binder... so much more elegant than the typical “collars” which to me always look like an afterthought.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Thanks Happycampyer for that flashback.

Peter you have gotten more than your fair share of snow on that side of the Divide, we are dry here in The Boat. One of these days when I am down there we should take a ride.

ravdg316, not lugged just semi wrap seatstay we did for this one. I machined and then hand filed the seat tube top and Ned the welder used a very deft touch to do a microweld to attach the seatstays to the cluster. Eric machined the Campagnolo and Moots into the plugs and I polished. Eric also machined the cable guides beautifully to look the part while Jim @Vecchios assembled the bike with great attention to detail including tied and soldered spokes.
thanks for the inside look Butch. top end work here, to be proud of, for sure.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:27 PM

yep its an awesome looking bike in person.i dont remember it having an enve fork though? but i didnt take any pictures of the bike when i saw it on display at the Moots headquarters several years back during the summer when i took the factory tour.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:43 AM

Patata curious about the top tube cable routing.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulspinner View Post
You need to ask Butch, who was part of the team at Moots that built the bike for OP. The bike was a surprise retirement gift from Moots to OP.

I hadn’t noticed the pantographing until it was pointed out above. That is perfect on so many levels—the sheer skill and artistry of the fabrication, combined with OP’s love of Campagnolo, pantographing as a “tattoo”... bravo.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:54 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulspinner View Post
A nod to 'tradition', along with the seat stays..I am amazed everytime I see this bike. The details are nothing short of spectacular. It was a pleasure to deal with all the people at Moots, and especially Butch..the highlight of my 30 some years in the bike biz, having this relationship with Moots and crew.

As an old fart, I don't remember the name of the gent that visited ProPeloton, one of the twins, and pitched Moots..shortly after we opened.
Best decision I EVER made in the bike biz..hooking up with Moots.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:10 AM

Instagram link is visible. Clean, and definitely a classic build. I can see the sentimental value, but that deserves to be ridden every now and then.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:50 AM

Thanks for the nice words. Similar to when we did the Trail Maintenance Bike it would NEVER had been at such a level without the whole team showing their skill and passion for the project. Plus it was so easy to build a special bike for Peter as he has always "gotten" it. Back to the sum is greater than the individual parts and one of the reasons Moots has always produced a solid product.

The whole premise was based on a "contest" the guys from Campy with the 80th anniversary groupo OP had.

Not sure how to put this video that Mat Barlow did but this is the link I think - technologically challenged as I am.

Also the ENVE fork was there from the start, definitely the weak part from the aesthetic side. We kinda ran out of time.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:06 PM

Rollin class.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
A nod to 'tradition', along with the seat stays..I am amazed everytime I see this bike. The details are nothing short of spectacular. It was a pleasure to deal with all the people at Moots, and especially Butch..the highlight of my 30 some years in the bike biz, having this relationship with Moots and crew.

As an old fart, I don't remember the name of the gent that visited ProPeloton, one of the twins, and pitched Moots..shortly after we opened.
Best decision I EVER made in the bike biz..hooking up with Moots.
Powerful endorsement.