Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 05-15-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonk View Post
As a bike that will likely only be ridden a dozen times a year, no need to do a big upgrade, more interested in the shape of the levers for the SV.

For a bike with at least 30,000 km on it, and mostly original parts, it is surprising how well everything still works. Only thing I have replaced is the crank when I broke the carbon zipp that came on it. Thinking of replacing the zero g brakes for ones that are a are a bit more substantial and work better for someone my size.
Yeah some newer Shimano dual-pivots should do a better job.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famous Amos View Post
Yeah some newer Shimano dual-pivots should do a better job.
+1, check out the 7700s that Clean39T has listed if you stick with your 7800 group.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:48 AM

Another ride as I wait for the SV to return from paint touch up.

Even though I have tried to match the fit as best I can without buying t new parts, it is clearly a bit too big and rides differently because of it. The seat angle is so shallow that to get into the right setback range the saddle has to go all the way forward which not only looks funny but weights the front a bit too much, the headtube is at least 2cm too long for good bar drop (can only get 8cm vs 10cm) and saddle to bar reach with saddle set correctly is too short by 2 cm or so.

The biggest thing I notice is how high the BB seems to be and how the bike feels less stable at speed. I really notice that I am sitting on the bike, vs in the bike.

The change in drop and reach means I don't have enough drop to engage my ab muscles the same and my back and arms ended up a bit sore after a 3 hr ride.

In terms of ride quality, it is stiffer, but that is likely a function of 25s on 28/32 spoke wheels vs 24/28 spoke wheels with 28 tires and the difference in forks - moots vs enve. The 44 deep drop bar feels really wide and needs to go.

Here is a picture on the train back in after my ride.

Seeing the other SL frame selling quickly and the amount they still bring is starting to make me reconsider selling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg train6x1134.jpg (120.8 KB, 66 views)