Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2018, 06:19 PM
aka RAEKWON

I have got some really good deals here but that is not why I love the classifieds, the best thing has been to need something and have people literally send it to me for nothing. At the same time, being able to do the same. It goes round and round
Old 03-19-2018, 06:46 PM

I'm batting a hundred with my purchases here too. No issues at all.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:51 PM

The classifieds have been great to me. Its not the classifieds it's the cool people I have meet and interacted with here. I don't buy much but when I do it has always been a pleasant experience.
Thank You Paceline what a great place to be and I wear my Paceline cap with pride.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:27 PM
Barely Hanging On

Overall, my positive experiences far outweigh the few negative ones. I would live for this thread about all the good experiences in the classifieds to be a much longer one than the negative experiences.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:09 AM

Agree with Clean39T about the Classifieds. While I haven't sold anything (hmmm maybe I have a hoarding problem...) I love looking through the classifieds every day for something I need or simply want. I've bought stuff from Clean39T and eBAUMANN but then again who hasn't
Old 03-20-2018, 05:56 AM

Put me in the 'love' camp--and apologies if I am among those that have not responded to PSA offers.

I have been more of a buyer than a seller, and have definitely purchased mostly low value small stuff--but my experiences have been almost uniformly good, and have helped me get stuff finished (including sourcing those hard to find little widgets that are almost impossible to shop for online--thanks Old Spud).
Old 03-20-2018, 06:00 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Sorry, somebody had to do it ---

Because the kind and reasonable folks here have made it possible for me to dabble in a whole bunch of crazy and obscure bike ephemera that I otherwise would never have found or been able to afford.

Because buying, selling, and trading has given me reason to make some personal connections in a world that can always use a bit more brotherly/sisterly love.

Because it's fun to see what gets offered, support and revel in others' sales and acquisitions, and play both the enabled and enabler on any given day.
I just posted something in the other one..I have a garage wheelbuilding operation and because of PL, it has been a way to realize a "post retail bike shop owner's" dream of just building wheels. So, I have no complaints.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:11 AM

Class - ifieds

I have had mostly positive experiences and met some great folks here. As an early post said = "lead by example".
And BTW, Old Potato does build some nice wheels! Plus, its great to have the Campy Master within driving distance.

The thing I hate about the classifieds is that I am the same size as Ryun, and it gets really hard to keep myself in check when looking at the bikes he posts in the "Hated Classifieds".

Last edited by yakstone; 03-20-2018 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:07 AM

Nothing but praises from Classified section, PM section, General Section, heck any section on Paceline. This place rocks!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:09 AM
tailgunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakstone View Post
I have had mostly positive experiences and met some great folks here. As an early post said = "lead by example".
And BTW, Old Potato does build some nice wheels! Plus, its great to have the Campy Master within driving distance.

The thing I hate about the classifieds is that I am the same size as Ryun, and it gets really hard to keep myself in check when looking at the bikes he posts in the "Hated Classifieds".
i have a friend who's almost his size, so thankfully ryun cuts down all his steerers to 0-stack haha.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:15 AM

i am so glad for this thread. i guess it is a classic case of the glass is half full or half empty. heck over the years i have actually sent buyers am item before even getting payment. just the kind of community we had back then. i truly hope that continues.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:37 AM

I bought and paid PayPal for a nice titanium Dekerf here. Awesome experience.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:52 AM

My current road/tri bikes, and a lot of my other gear and gear choices, are from Paceline classifieds, or influenced by info therein. On the whole I cant remember anything but good experiences. I enjoy seeing many of the nice bikes others post, and often good information is shared through the classifieds as well. Classifieds here shows some of the variety of nice bikes out there, even if outside my pay grade... but, just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaman View Post
I bought and paid PayPal for a nice titanium Dekerf here. Awesome experience.
Titanium Dekerf?!?! Daaaaaamn.

Got any pics up of it? Those are on my nostalgia dream team.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbicycles View Post
My current road/tri bikes, and a lot of my other gear and gear choices, are from Paceline classifieds, or influenced by info therein. On the whole I cant remember anything but good experiences. I enjoy seeing many of the nice bikes others post, and often good information is shared through the classifieds as well. Classifieds here shows some of the variety of nice bikes out there, even if outside my pay grade... but, just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.
Many of my decisions on parts and gear are from the thoughts of others , many times on the classifieds.