Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2019, 04:11 PM

Amazing BikeFlights Customer Service

Holy crap, I'm still reeling from the AMAZING customer service from BikeFlights and thought they deserve a shout out.

Before the holidays I sold and shipped a bunch of frames and wheels. In my rush to wrap up everything and travel overseas, I spaced and re-used an old Bike Flights label. All of a sudden a $$$ set of Chris King wheels were headed to the wrong location. I had not a clue and boarded a flight to travel for a couple of weeks.

When I arrived at my destination I had an email from Kent Sanchez at Bikeflights telling me they got a notification that an old label had been re-used and that I had a label in my account that hadn't been scanned. Was that intentional and were the wheels headed to the wrong place?

I immediately felt so dumb and helpless because I was halfway around the world in a different time zone. I didn't expect BF to help me at all as this was my problem. Kent was cool as a cucumber and issued a call tag directing the package to the right place. I texted the guy receiving the wheels, luckily he was cool too, and he left the box outside for the FedEx call tag. The box arrived at the correct location only a day after it should have.

I repeatedly offered to pay BikeFlights for the call tag and the new label and they refused. It was just incredible to have a team like that on my side. They predicted a problem before it happened and well before I noticed and made proactive steps to solve it.

Other great BikeFlights stories:

1. FedEx once lost a Look frame somewhere in TX. I had purchased BikeFlight's insurance (which I always do) luckily and they reimbursed me the full amount within a few days, and they dealt with FedEx directly so I didn't have to.

2. A bike once arrived with a cracked SRAM Red shifter. Again, by purchasing their insurance, I was reimbursed the cost of a new shifter within a day.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know this is a killer company and deserves your money!

Last edited by Pegoready; 01-10-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:23 PM
v a n i l l a

Assuming you have the photos and the paper trail, they really step up and handle claims quickly. Yea, great service for sure. I was pretty shocked at how smooth my claim went for damage to a shipped wheel.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:29 PM

While BF ain't as cheap as it used to be, I agree the CS totally makes up for it. I had a scumbag FedEx driver dump a bike box in the lobby of my building during a porch pirate crime spree. The box was shipped strictly signature only, so the driver made up a fake name, forged my signature, and dumped it in my lobby. I was even home at the time, waiting for the box. When I suddenly saw it was delivered, I went down to find it was already gone. BF got right on top of the driver, who came back ranting and yelling and accusing my super of stealing it. BF really helped sort out the situation.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:39 PM

Sitting in queue position two on Bikeflights support. 3 hours ago I was in queue position 1 for 10 minutes before giving up. Shipped bike from Albany, NY to San Clemente CA last week (8 days ago). Supposed to be delivered yesterday (Wednesday, July 23). Bikeflights support and their tracking said it was coming between 12 and 4 yesterday. NOT! Today tracking says the bike has been on the truck for delivery since 7 a.m. Past noon. Nothing.

The tracking number Bikeflights uses is a Fedex tracking number. I guess that makes sense but I can get more detail going to the Fedex web site and copying and pasting the number there.

In other words I'm not sure what the value added of using Bikeflights is. Maybe just go direct to Fedex? Eliminate the add on contractor? I think I'll find out sending the bike home.

If I get held in queue position 1 for 10+ minutes like this it makes me wonder if they have more than one support rep. on the phone lines. And this is mid-day left coast time.

"We are experiencing heavy call volume at this time ... ". That will happen if you don't deliver on the schedule promised.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkelly View Post

In other words I'm not sure what the value added of using Bikeflights is. Maybe just go direct to Fedex? Eliminate the add on contractor? I think I'll find out sending the bike home.
Just got sent a frame that was quoted $160 shipping by doing this....logged in to bikeflights and it dropped to $50.00.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Just got sent a frame that was quoted $160 shipping by doing this....logged in to bikeflights and it dropped to $50.00.
This, Bikeflights is able to add on a small percentage to a the negotiated commercial rate which gives their customers much better pricing. Also gives the customer an added advocate if things go south.

Never tried calling, but when I did have questions I’d shoot an email and always got a prompt response.

I’ve used them 6-8 times, every time with good results.

Last edited by Clancy; 01-24-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:18 PM

BikeFlights has been great for me. No problems, great prices and excellent customer support -- they're very, very good and helpful
Old 01-24-2019, 07:41 PM

Thanks for your responses. My bike got here at 1:30 this afternoon. A day late. Their phone support has been less than adequate the last two days. Maybe a lot of shipments got fouled up with the weather the last week and they are swamped. But I got cut off twice after waiting in queue for at least 10 minutes each time.

My case is a small sample size to be making any inferences from.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:38 PM

Yeah, its been my experience that lately Bikeflights is cheaper than fedex. Coast to coast, same size box and weight, Bikeflights was about 10 bucks less last month.