Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 01-13-2020, 01:00 PM

Rb2

I saw this this morning

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...042559324.html
Old 01-13-2020, 05:11 PM

Bought some snazzy Wolf Tooth chainring bots from Joostx. Easy peasy A+

You should too.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:23 AM

I'm a happy camper with "happycamper"

pleasure doing business, thanks!
Old 01-17-2020, 02:16 PM

Great buyers!

miksibis
jb_11
Jeff Dyck
cmb5286
82Picchio
Old 01-17-2020, 04:42 PM

Spdntrxi A++++

Sold a Humon O2 sensor to Spdntrxi. I goofed up and misplaced it and refunded his money with an apology and an offer to sell to him if I found it. Of course I found it that evening. Very understanding and a good buyer A+++
Old 01-19-2020, 10:17 PM

This isn’t a comment toward specific members, but the amount of messages I’ve received regarding offers or interest in an item I’m selling with no response after I reply is becoming ridiculous. I’m sure it happens to many others here but many have been me accepting an offer or lowering the price substantially with a counter to a lowball offer then crickets...it is making selling items here really frustrating. If you’re not interested in the item any longer, if the price of the item is too high for you to pay, or you make an offer with no response back, please let the person who’s selling the item(s) know. It’s the respectful and right thing to do. This has happened 4-6 times in the past 4-6 weeks which is more than I’ve ever dealt with and a lot of them are from members who never post but have been lurking for quite some time. From now on, I’m going to send the members names to mods just as a heads up because it’s very poor etiquette on a forum that I’ve always had positive experiences at.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:18 PM

yinzerniner A+++ KarlC C-

I sold a seven frame to yinzerniner. He paid promptly and made the transaction easy. A+++

Originally, this frame was going to KarlC. He told me that he was out of town and would pay me the next day. I gave him til 2pm PST the next day to pay. And communicated this to all other interested parties. I get a PM from him the next day and he says he was helping out a friend who didn't want the frame. This stuff happens and it is annoying. Saying you will buy the frame vs I am checking if a friend wants it are two entirely different things. This created a little more hassle for me which I don't really appreciate. I would have preferred KarlC say he was checking to see if a friend wanted the frame instead I plan to buy it tomorrow. I would not of held it for him.

My point is if KarlC asks you to hold something that he intends to buy maybe think twice.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:20 PM

charliedid A++++

I sold some chainring bolts to Charliedid. Super easy A+++++++
Old 01-20-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
I sold a seven frame to yinzerniner. He paid promptly and made the transaction easy. A+++

Originally, this frame was going to KarlC. He told me that he was out of town and would pay me the next day. I gave him til 2pm PST the next day to pay. And communicated this to all other interested parties. I get a PM from him the next day and he says he was helping out a friend who didn't want the frame. This stuff happens and it is annoying. Saying you will buy the frame vs I am checking if a friend wants it are two entirely different things. This created a little more hassle for me which I don't really appreciate. I would have preferred KarlC say he was checking to see if a friend wanted the frame instead I plan to buy it tomorrow. I would not of held it for him.

My point is if KarlC asks you to hold something that he intends to buy maybe think twice.
"Holding" is problematic to begin with, no?
Old 01-20-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
"Holding" is problematic to begin with, no?
please explain. My attitude is the person says, "I am going to buy it". Then you hold it for them to buy it. That is called "sale pending".

Last edited by joosttx; 01-20-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
please explain. My attitude is the person says I am going to buy it. Then you hold it for them to buy it.
I'm not seeing your fault in the situation, but why can't the individual pay while away? PayPal etc. I'd be wary if anyone asked me to "hold" an item, unless I had prior experiences with them. But perhaps you did.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:19 PM

Nigel

Bought a La Passione kit from Nigel.

Quality kit and super fast shipping. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2020, 11:27 PM

theboucher A+++

theboucher bought some chainring bolts from me. Super easy A++++
Old 01-20-2020, 11:27 PM

Matt-H A+++

Matt-H bought a saddle bag from me A++++
Old 01-21-2020, 07:10 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:

This has happened to me here a bunch lately. People changing their mind after I hold stuff even for a few days. Its super frustrating. I have had even someone who I brought stuff with me into nyc and then straight up ignored my messages and never replied back.