Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 01-12-2020, 02:53 PM

Santini "Maglia Nera" Bib (XXL) and Jersey (4XL) Now Backed by Science!!

Italian made bib & jersey in the only colors that matter: Black and Pink!
Has reflective striping. Originally bought these combo for $280. Selling for $140 shipped and PPD (F&F). Used for one ride only! In immaculate condition.

The chammy is super plush and comfortable. In fact, I'd rather not sell it, but it doesn't make any sense to sell the jersey without the bibs. The jersey is a "European size." I got the 4XL because the sleeves on the 3XL wouldn't accommodate by biceps. That leaves the middle a little too loose for my tastes.
I'm six feet and 200lbs with broad shoulders.

Happy to take any measurements for people that are interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (99.7 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg MagliaSeven.jpg (72.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg magliaFive.jpg (83.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg MagliaFour.jpg (98.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg MagliaOne.jpg (82.5 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg MagliaTwo.jpg (98.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg MagliaThree.jpg (84.9 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by XXtwindad; 01-15-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:09 PM

Groundbreaking Scientific Study Just Released!

January 15, 2020
Somewhere in Northern CA.

In a groundbreaking experiment with potentially far-reaching implications, a group of self-described "CAT 2.75" racers set PRs in a local climb. The only differences they cited were three factors: (1) 650b tires (2) using eBikes and (3) black and pink jerseys.

One racer, who asked to be identified only as "Jimmy X," dismissed the first two variables out of hand.

"Well, 650b tires are definitely round," he said. "I mean like really round. When they're going downhill, they look like giant Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Come to think of it," he continued, "650b tires kind of smell better too."

Jimmy X just laughed when asked about the benefits of eBike in setting the Strava time. "Nah, the motor doesn't really matter," he said. "We just kind of use it to intimidate people."

The racer was unequivocal when it came to pink jerseys, however.

"Oh yeah, those jerseys made all the difference in the world. We passed a whole bunch of dudes in navy jerseys. It was like they were standing still. I mean...navy is kind of a 'heavy' color, right? It's what politicians wear when they give an important speech.

"But pink is the color of really fun ****. Like champagne. And roses. And the Pink Panther. So, yeah, we couldn't of kicked their asses without the pink jerseys."

The upper echelons of the cycling world are still debating the results. But the anecdotal evidence is pretty convincing. Want to go fast? Wear pink.

Last edited by XXtwindad; 01-15-2020 at 12:47 PM.