Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
offers all my local stations and all the cable news outlets. local sports too. they just keep adding sh*t and raising the price. and i get why they want to make more money but not sure why they keep adding stuff nobody wants. i think most if not all who have this service wanted a reasonably priced skinny bundle and now we are getting fat and screwed.
Haha! I like my Verizon service except for the fact that i) I can't f'n stand Verizon, and ii) that creeping fee schedule which is getting downright irritating.

I'd love to pull the plug and could do just fine with a lot of other vendors, but again, I do like getting my cable news shows (none of which has a vowel in their call letters....) and I know of no satellite or streaming services that can provide that. Maybe I just haven't checked thoroughly enough.....

.... and then there's creep with them as well....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2020, 03:49 PM

worse than car dealers

gots ya by the balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloduffer View Post
Late last year I tried to cut the cable and was prepared to go to YouTube TV. When I called Altice/Cablevision and informed them that I was canceling, they countered with about $100 off my bill (triple bundle - internet, cable, phone), which reduced my monthly from $240 to $140. This is in consideration that I've been a customer since 1997.

When I pushed to see if I only kept the internet and phone, what my bill would be. Well, then all the package discounts go away and the internet is $100 and phone is $35; so for $5 more I get the original bundle. They did sweeten the deal with free Showtime and Starz for the year.

I'm glad that I'm saving $100/mo but kind of ticked me off that it wasn't offered voluntarily (but not surprising).
Old 07-01-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
YouTubeTV offers all my local stations and all the cable news outlets. local sports too. they just keep adding sh*t and raising the price. and i get why they want to make more money but not sure why they keep adding stuff nobody wants. i think most if not all who have this service wanted a reasonably priced skinny bundle and now we are getting fat and screwed.
Yep. I cut the cable to cut the channel and price bloat -- cut our media bill to less than half of what it was -- and was relatively happy with YouTubeTV, though still only watched about 10-12 of the 60 channels. Now that YouTubeTV increased its price by $15 and added more useless channels, I'm looking at HULU before next billing cycle.

I hope that Alphabet/Google/YouTubeTV find they have over-reached with this last price increase.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:33 PM

got to admit

youtube tv works remarkably well with great dvr and being able to skip commercials on almost everything. think by the time you get hulu and add premium dvr that allows skipping then you are same price as youtube.

got ya coming and going.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
gots ya by the balls.

Yes, plus my only alternative is Dish (no Verizon Fios or AT&T).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
youtube tv works remarkably well with great dvr and being able to skip commercials on almost everything. think by the time you get hulu and add premium dvr that allows skipping then you are same price as youtube.

got ya coming and going.
True enough. Fortunately, we don't need premium DVR as there is little, if anything, on network TV that we need/want to record for watching later.

If I could get a package that just consists of local stations/national news, season specific sports (NBA, WNBA, university men's/women's sports), NBCSN and Olympic Channel for cycling, and food tv I'd be happy. All the rest is dross. Any other entertainment media is accessed through a few streaming apps.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:04 PM

up to today never hear of Locast - stream local channels for free

guess it is involved in a legal battle with networks but easy peasy sign up and stream many channels. no dvr, etc but could be helpful when dumping youtube tv.

https://www.locast.org/free-tv/?gcli...0aAkLGEALw_wcB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locast