Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2018, 03:43 AM

Check out Danny Shane and what's on sale.

I bought a jersey from the Walz caps booth in Philly and loved it enough to order three more online...

https://dannyshane.com

SPP
Old 11-25-2018, 04:13 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post

The gold standard for me is Cima Coppi. Lawrence, the owner, is a forum member. They will do custom mods to their standard jerseys...both size and color....for not much more money than anyone else's off the rack. And if you want full custom they will do that as well. They made this one for me last year, it was the very first one that they made with front pockets and a collar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duende View Post
Plus 1000. Cima Coppi. Easily amongst the best Merino jerseys I’ve ever had. Great fit, well made. Can’t say enough good things about them. Really like their light weight Merino model.
Hey thanks guys for such kind words. I just wanted to let you all know that we're having a little "Thanksgiving weekend sale" with lightweight 97% merino base layers and jerseys up to 50% off.

It's at our new sister-brand store Everjourn. Quick link to the sale here:https://everjourn.com/en/winter-sale

Also, exclusively for paceline forum members there is a -20% discount on our bikepacking and ranger merino jerseys, again lighweight 97% merino using the code: PACE20 here:https://everjourn.com/en/44-bikewear

Lastly, you're probably asking, what the heck is Everjourn? Everjourn is cycling, bikepacking, hiking and camping gear from natural materials. Also, accessories we love. It's ready to wear (non-custom), new materials, colors and experiments - it's a place where we can play and experiment.

Cima Coppi Custom, is the same as ever, but we're really focusing on increasing our custom abilities with Cima Coppi - to be able to provide more service to realize your dream merino jerseys.

Again, and always.... thank you for your support on this thanksgiving weekend!
Old 11-25-2018, 06:32 AM
'97 Ti Legend

I've liked what I've gotten from Search and State recently. Nice material, made in New York City, comparable fit to Rapha's race fit. They will have a 30% off starting Monday at 11AM eastern for the day. Use "Holiday30".
Old 11-25-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain dogs View Post
Hey thanks guys for such kind words. I just wanted to let you all know that we're having a little "Thanksgiving weekend sale" with lightweight 97% merino base layers and jerseys up to 50% off.

It's at our new sister-brand store Everjourn. Quick link to the sale here:https://everjourn.com/en/winter-sale

Also, exclusively for paceline forum members there is a -20% discount on our bikepacking and ranger merino jerseys, again lighweight 97% merino using the code: PACE20 here:https://everjourn.com/en/44-bikewear

Lastly, you're probably asking, what the heck is Everjourn? Everjourn is cycling, bikepacking, hiking and camping gear from natural materials. Also, accessories we love. It's ready to wear (non-custom), new materials, colors and experiments - it's a place where we can play and experiment.

Cima Coppi Custom, is the same as ever, but we're really focusing on increasing our custom abilities with Cima Coppi - to be able to provide more service to realize your dream merino jerseys.

Again, and always.... thank you for your support on this thanksgiving weekend!
Thank you - will have to drop a few more dollars today it seems

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
I've liked what I've gotten from Search and State recently. Nice material, made in New York City, comparable fit to Rapha's race fit. They will have a 30% off starting Monday at 11AM eastern for the day. Use "Holiday30".
This, www.searchandstate.com
Old 11-25-2018, 12:14 PM
Byron

Two things:
Ibex is no longer.
Harth's wool jersey rules.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:46 PM

I tore up my Ibex knickers in a crash last fall. They were the best.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:57 PM
Byron

I still have a lot of ibex, but I'll miss them down the road.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
That's 39% merino wool, 61% polyester. Try a 100% merino jersey.
as a merino nerd, i actually prefer blends (like Rapha's, or Sportwool) over 100% merino for durability and shorter dry times.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:07 PM
Byron

The Isadore may be fine for a light weight wool jersey, but Clean is in Portland.
I'm guessing a warmer wool jersey is a priority.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:18 PM
Ride to eat.

wool option

as noted before.

About 5 years ago A friend set up an order at

https://www.soigneur.co.nz/

Ours were even personalized with "Kentucky Randonerurs".
Got a long sleeve and a short.
It wasn't a patch but woven into the design.
Nice stuff still wearing them.
Holding shape well.
Even with pockets stuffed.
No, noticeable shrinking.
Don't wash with Velcro.

BamBam
Old 11-26-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bironi View Post
The Isadore may be fine for a light weight wool jersey, but Clean is in Portland.
I'm guessing a warmer wool jersey is a priority.
Yes and no. I like to layer. By the time I put a base under a regular-weight jersey, add arm warmers, and a wind vest, I'm pretty much set down to 30-35*F.. I climb too much to wear heavy jackets. And if it's raining and under 40-45deg, I'd rather be on the trainer anyway.

/drifting

Hands and feet are still a bit trying for me though. I have oversocks and toe-warmers that I double-up. Usually good for the range above, unless there's rain. Still working on a foolproof glove setup though. Have a few things that work for 2-3hrs, but nothing that's good for longer than that - so I usually carry two pairs. Most of the time it warms up 10 deg by mid-day, so having a second lighter pair for the back half of the ride is sufficient.

/thread-drift-off
Old 07-13-2019, 09:35 PM

CROSS-POSTING SINCE THIS THREAD DISCUSSED ISADORE

----------

Isadore Flash Sale - Early Access

30% off on everything other than discounted bundles

Use the code FS2019RC

https://isadore.com/

Flash sale opens to the public on 7/14 - but you can use the code above to shop early.

I can't recommend their products enough.

NFI in the company - but if you do want to try them, hit me up for a referral program code

Last edited by Clean39T; 07-13-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:45 PM

I've wanted to give some Isadore bibs a try because I have a high preference for merino. It's just my impression that they would be too tight or too long at 6' and 180lbs with a decidedly non cycling build. I've got to find some new bibs, though, as my Ibex bibs will not last forever. Are the Isadore bibs merino or is just most of their other stuff?

Also, it seems like most people prefer an extended leg as it seems every company lately is claiming this is a feature. Personally, it is never something I've wished for. Maybe it wouldn't make that much difference to me either way.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
I've wanted to give some Isadore bibs a try because I have a high preference for merino. It's just my impression that they would be too tight or too long at 6' and 180lbs with a decidedly non cycling build. I've got to find some new bibs, though, as my Ibex bibs will not last forever.

Also, it seems like most people prefer an extended leg as it seems every company lately is claiming this is a feature. Personally, it is never something I've wished for. Maybe it wouldn't make that much difference to me either way.
I have three pairs of their straight-up "Men's Bibs" and they have been great. I'm 6'3" and *cough* 185-190lbs (up from 170 ) and feel like the fit is good in size Large - but I imagine I'll have to go to Medium if/when I get back to 175 or lower

I'm wearing a Large in their Climber's jersey and Signature, and really like both of those as well.

Their customer service is top-notch too.