Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Yes, but he's not an American speaking English in the US. How do you pronounce "derailleur"? Probably not the same way a Frenchman in France would.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:28 PM

Is there a Linux for tablet instead of Android?
Old 09-11-2019, 12:35 PM
ferro verum est

Quote:
Originally Posted by velotel View Post
Thanks all for the info and opinions, which of course pretty well cover the waterfront, kind of as expected. I was hoping Linux was easier than is apparently the case. Like the two quotes above, at this point in life I don't want to learn how to make it work, I just want to use it. My uses are crazy simple, writing, sometimes spreadsheets, designing with sketchup, photography, and the net. Never play games, no training programs hooked up with a bike trainer I don't have, just writing and stuff. Friggin pain in the butt that these people have to be so greedy and screw things up just so they can capture more money at the cost of everyone who uses their systems. Apparently buying the systems isn't enough for their egos. Really a drag on the mental peace of the world in my opinion.
Have you considered a Chromebook? It's Linux-based but a more closed environment so there's less hacking for hardware support. Google should have taken care of most of that for you.