Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Rock Hard ~ Ride Free

Jeff Bezos will even pause for a bit to pick-up a random £10,000 / $12,000 bill that happens to lands at his feet.
Be entirely assured there are not corporate offices teeming with misplaced Campagnolo-equipped bicycles laying about.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
c'mon. After you get fired from your £1.2 million a year job, you can't be seen recovering your bike. If word gets around that you're so hard up for cash that you care about a £10,000 bike, you might not be able to land your next £1.4 million a year gig

It is all about creating a perception of success, and riding your £10,000 bike home, holding a cardboard box full of your office stuff, is simply not going to project that image.
Doubt it. These people have personal assistants or domestics who handle this type of ‘minor’ retrieval, probably done inconspicuously after business hours. If the highly paid exec doesn’t find a new position within a month or two then the p.a. also gets their walking papers.

Last edited by nickl; 09-03-2019 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:54 AM

I once accidentally left a lock at an old office building, but yeah - I know lots of commuting bankers and this is not a thing with 10k bikes.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:52 PM

I remember reading on another forum about a PX10 being left overnight for a day or three in the city, and the OP of that thread was apparently asking if it would be ok to "retrieve" it "before the local thieves got it", since the thieves ostensibly didn't have enough appreciation of what a great bike it was.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
I remember reading on another forum about a PX10 being left overnight for a day or three in the city, and the OP of that thread was apparently asking if it would be ok to "retrieve" it "before the local thieves got it", since the thieves ostensibly didn't have enough appreciation of what a great bike it was.
As a fellow PX10 owner, that is the ethical and moral thing to do.

Tags
brexit, recession