Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2019, 12:06 PM

Dogmas are made by a company called Carbotec in Taiwan. Been there seen it they also take mass orders OEM. $350 a piece same people making dogmas making their OEM frames.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
Dogmas are made by a company called Carbotec in Taiwan. Been there seen it they also take mass orders OEM. $350 a piece same people making dogmas making their OEM frames.
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=217821

If you go to their website, they sell nothing that even remotely looks like the current range of Dogma’s. And, their minimum order is 50 pieces.

Last edited by SoCalSteve; 06-13-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:21 PM

hello, my name is xxxx and i'd like to eat a slice of crow.

i've been riding the new specialized tarmac disc for a few days as a loaner before i grab my new bike in a week.

it's astonishingly good. so much better than any other specialized road bike i've ever ridden/raced. it's almost like they were mining my brain for geometry thoughts. their past bikes have always been...well, boring carbon racebikes with boring carbon racebike geometry. they were...fine. this one, though, this one smashes the dogma to pieces.

don't get me wrong - i'm not a fan of specialized as a company in the least, and it's unlikely i'll ever get one of these bikes (group ride comments x10 were "never thought i'd see you on that"), but standing alone, this bike is outstanding - when it comes to production carbon. it's like they finally stopped designing bikes inside a tiny, sealed off room, and managed to inject some perspective into how to do it.

i'd suggest trying both a dogma and the tarmac back to back to see how what you think.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
hello, my name is xxxx and i'd like to eat a slice of crow.

i've been riding the new specialized tarmac disc for a few days as a loaner before i grab my new bike in a week.

it's astonishingly good. so much better than any other specialized road bike i've ever ridden/raced. it's almost like they were mining my brain for geometry thoughts. their past bikes have always been...well, boring carbon racebikes with boring carbon racebike geometry. they were...fine. this one, though, this one smashes the dogma to pieces.

don't get me wrong - i'm not a fan of specialized as a company in the least, and it's unlikely i'll ever get one of these bikes (group ride comments x10 were "never thought i'd see you on that"), but standing alone, this bike is outstanding - when it comes to production carbon. it's like they finally stopped designing bikes inside a tiny, sealed off room, and managed to inject some perspective into how to do it.

i'd suggest trying both a dogma and the tarmac back to back to see how what you think.
Interesting points...and rational. But if I open to a Tarmac, then the flood gates are thrown wide open. Part of my fascination with the Dogma is its pedigree, the company's history, etc.

The dream is still alive. And may get realized shortly.

Now if only I could figure out whether I want a 57.5 or 59.5
Old 06-14-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Interesting points...and rational. But if I open to a Tarmac, then the flood gates are thrown wide open. Part of my fascination with the Dogma is its pedigree, the company's history, etc.

The dream is still alive. And may get realized shortly.

Now if only I could figure out whether I want a 57.5 or 59.5
How many times do I have to tell you this???

You sold a Moots that was one size too small for you, remember? A 57.5 will be one size too small for you. The 59.5 fits me like a glove, same as the 62 RSL.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Part of my fascination with the Dogma is its pedigree, the company's history, etc.
It's another plastic bike made in an Asian factory. You're buying the sizzle, not the steak.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown Reek View Post
It's another plastic bike made in an Asian factory. You're buying the sizzle, not the steak.
That’s what I thought until I rode one. Until you do, hold your uninformed judgement. After you ride one a few hundred miles and you still feel that way, I’ll give it to you. Until then...
Old 06-15-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
That’s what I thought until I rode one. Until you do, hold your uninformed judgement.
I owned a couple of years ago and rode it a few thousand miles. Not much different than my Oltre, Skylon or C64. Soon enough the C64 will be on the chopping block, 'cause that's the way it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnica
Placebo is a hell of a drug.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:04 AM

Here’s an idea....just ride the bikes you have!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:10 AM
Barely Hanging On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati2 View Post
That's a rational thought, but the discussion here is about an "irrational desire" and said desire.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanternrouge View Post
That's a rational thought, but the discussion here is about an "irrational desire" and said desire.
Exactly.

I'm thinking the "rent one" option is the most likely way I'll scratch this itch though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2019, 03:08 PM

I'd hate to be around when your looking at vehicle purchases.

14 months of agony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati2 View Post
Old 06-15-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I owned a couple of years ago and rode it a few thousand miles. Not much different than my Oltre, Skylon or C64. Soon enough the C64 will be on the chopping block, 'cause that's the way it works.
What size C64?
Old 06-15-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallizes View Post
What size C64?
It's a 54s. I ride a 57.5 top tube bike, and being that this was my first Colnago, I had to work around their odd (to me) geometry with a 130 stem (in lieu of my usual 120), but all my bikes are within a couple millimeters of each other. It's a great bike, but once you get to a certain level, they all are.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
It's a 54s. I ride a 57.5 top tube bike, and being that this was my first Colnago, I had to work around their odd (to me) geometry with a 130 stem (in lieu of my usual 120), but all my bikes are within a couple millimeters of each other. It's a great bike, but once you get to a certain level, they all are.
hmm sounds like it could fit the OP...