Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
I like developing skills and pushing myself, for me, no-one else. Riding the same corners faster. Finding new lines. Sessioning a techy step-ups until I get it. Most of my falls are tech climbing, almost never at speed. That's me. You do you.
Yeah I guess doing me means trying not to end up on the ground regularly but yes, you do you.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
Yeah I guess doing me means trying not to end up on the ground regularly but yes, you do you.
The Sacramento Kid is back!
Old 04-18-2021, 11:50 PM

Last edited by Dave Ferris; 04-19-2021 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:55 PM

Not only safer, but much more relaxing. I'm only a couple rides in to enjoying the real trails here in Bend and all I can say is that it is so nice to spend a couple hours pedaling hard without getting blown around by wind or buzzed by giant brodozers. The trails here can be as mellow as you like or rocky and challenging - you choose your speed and risk level. I'm still heavily drawn to the roadie life but as long as I'm here in Central OR, I wouldn't be surprised if I stay N=1 for the road and split my pedaling at least 50/50 between tarmac and trails - if not more heavily weighted to the dirty side.. And so the sell-off of my spares continues.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Not only safer, but much more relaxing. I'm only a couple rides in to enjoying the real trails here in Bend and all I can say is that it is so nice to spend a couple hours pedaling hard without getting blown around by wind or buzzed by giant brodozers. The trails here can be as mellow as you like or rocky and challenging - you choose your speed and risk level. I'm still heavily drawn to the roadie life but as long as I'm here in Central OR, I wouldn't be surprised if I stay N=1 for the road and split my pedaling at least 50/50 between tarmac and trails - if not more heavily weighted to the dirty side.. And so the sell-off of my spares continues.
Im with ya. When its deep winter here and 25F, theres no way im getting on a road bike. Mountain bike is amazing in the winter as long as the trails are clear enough for you.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:07 PM
Two wheels good

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
I dont really understand this way of thinking. Why do I need to "challenge" myself? I like XC riding and climbing and I pick my way through dangerous stuff at a speed I deem responsible.
I know a number of guys like this. One of them usually misses about six weeks every season (in two-week blocks) due to injuries. I still enjoy MTBing and somehow manage to stay upright by not looking at every log and rock garden as a personal challenge. Still, I'm 95% roadie. That said I hit a pothole and chipped a tooth today. The first time that has happened and I've probably ridden 100K miles in my life.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:48 PM

I feel safe riding both the roads and trails where I live. Traffic is not bad on any of the side roads and even the main roads are low traffic comparably to any urban setting.

I love riding country roads and backwoods trails. I prefer dirt road riding over everything, but there isn’t much like bombing around in the woods on a full suspension bike either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk