Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
If you look at the pic on post number 7..the one on the left is PS, the right, US..where you CAN use a PS one on US, since there is no wee hole in the US shift lever for that spring, so cannot install onto a PS lever. Cannot use the US spring on the PS lever either and vice versa. Now..I haven't sourced shift lever blades recently but it could be shift lever blades NOW are all like the PS ones(with wee hole), since the PS ones can be used on both.
I am not doubting the image. I am simply stating that I have moved pre 2015 US shifter blades into pre 2015 PS shifter bodies and they work fine. Make of that what you will.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:13 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viewer View Post
I am not doubting the image. I am simply stating that I have moved pre 2015 US shifter blades into pre 2015 PS shifter bodies and they work fine. Make of that what you will.
OK, not trying to argue but did you use the US spring?
Old 04-13-2021, 02:46 PM

I don't recall. It's 5 years or so since I last did it, but it certainly got done. The PS shifters with US shift levers and the 1st gen carbon brake levers always got sold off and installed onto a bike. The US shifters with alloy levers also function to this day.

No spare parts used. No parts left over.

There's only a few combinations of what I could have done but whichever it was, it works.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:40 PM

I don’t want to hijack the thread, but I am curious as to whether anyone have done an Athena levers on a post-2015 Chorus unit.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:50 PM

I have not, but I do not see why it would be any different. I sincerely doubt Campagnolo would have changed the basic design of the shift lever. You could swap the PS and US ratchets in the pre 2015 swaps that I did. They may even be the exact same part number. I do not know. Given the pre 2105 'swappability' of ratchets and the unlikelihood of change in shifter lever design, you could likely swap the 2015 ratchets between US Chorus and PS Athena. I think it is only the post 2015 FD that had a pull change. So, you may only need to swap out the Chorus FD ratchet for the Athena FD ratchet.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:32 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
I have not, but I do not see why it would be any different. I sincerely doubt Campagnolo would have changed the basic design of the shift lever. You could swap the PS and US ratchets in the pre 2015 swaps that I did. They may even be the exact same part number. I do not know. Given the pre 2105 'swappability' of ratchets and the unlikelihood of change in shifter lever design, you could likely swap the 2015 ratchets between US Chorus and PS Athena. I think it is only the post 2015 FD that had a pull change. So, you may only need to swap out the Chorus FD ratchet for the Athena FD ratchet.
Not trying to argue with you but you cannot convert any Powershift/Escape type lever to UltraShift via the shift disc or ratchet. The shift innards from 2009/10 Ultrashift and the new, Escape type innards of 2011 Centaur/Athena, etc are completely different. Again, NOT trying to argue but below are Powershift innards and Ultrashift innards..the only thing cross compatible are the brake and shift levers.
BTW-2015, Ultrashift takeup spool IS different than 2014..white instead of black, different part number.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10261701334_8c6b817f0f_c.jpg (37.2 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg s-l400.jpg (40.2 KB, 136 views)
Old 04-19-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Not trying to argue with you but you cannot convert any Powershift/Escape type lever to UltraShift via the shift disc or ratchet.
I never said you could. Stop reading more into things than is written. I never referred once to the takeup spool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (62.9 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by Viewer; 04-19-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:29 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
I never said you could. Stop reading more into things than is written.
Quote:
You could swap the PS and US ratchets in the pre 2015 swaps that I did. They may even be the exact same part number. I do not know. Given the pre 2105 'swappability' of ratchets and the unlikelihood of change in shifter lever design, you could likely swap the 2015 ratchets between US Chorus and PS Athena.
Ok..not trying to argue..as I said..not sure what you mean by 'ratchets', I guess..

Ratchet-"a mechanism that consists of a bar or wheel having inclined teeth"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5118.jpg (61.6 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 04-19-2021 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
..not sure what you mean by 'ratchets', I guess..
Old 04-20-2021, 06:27 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Whatever. Bike stuff, afterall, toys..not the molecular makeup of the Pfizer vaccine or anything..--->>>.

Ride on!!
Old 04-20-2021, 08:04 PM

I accept your apology for improperly reading what was written, going off on a completely irrelevant tangent and then posting bizarre responses to what I had already posted.

However, I agree. Ride on. Ride on as much as possible. If you are riding, you are not posting utter garbage, like claiming cups and cones are not hardened steel. But that is a different thread, polluted by your desire to show off just how much you know but actually displaying, in no uncertain terms, just how much you do not know and just how much you do not comprehend before hitting the keyboard.

You are not a Campagnolo God. You are just some guy with a quite broad knowledge of Campagnolo. However, it is incomplete and non authoritative. This forum may have elevated you to perceived Campagnolo God status but that is a just an illusion. Some of us see through it. I appreciate your desire to impart knowledge and appreciate the knowledge you do impart but I take it all with a grain of salt. You are not Campagnolo, your posts are not endorsed by Campagnolo and that makes a monstrous difference.

Last edited by Viewer; 04-21-2021 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:12 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
I accept your apology for improperly reading what was written, going off on a completely irrelevant tangent and then posting bizarre responses to what I had already posted.

However, I agree. Ride on. Ride on as much as possible. If you are riding, you are not posting utter garbage, like claiming cups and cones are not hardened steel. But that is a different thread, polluted by your desire to show off just how much you know but actually displaying, in no uncertain terms, just how much you do not know and just how much you do not comprehend before hitting the keyboard.

You are not a Campagnolo God. You are just some guy with a quite broad knowledge of Campagnolo. However, it is incomplete and non authoritative. This forum may have elevated you to perceived Campagnolo God status but that is a just an illusion. Some of us see through it. I appreciate your desire to impart knowledge and appreciate the knowledge you do impart but I take it all with a grain of salt. You are not Campagnolo, your posts are not endorsed by Campagnolo and that makes a monstrous difference.
Wow, that was pleasant...

oh well....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BW .jpg (26.3 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 04-21-2021 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I see you are new to the forum Viewer. Let this serve as your warning here. You are free to disagree and dispute any information posted here, but this type of mean spirited, blatant attack on another forum member is not the way we converse here, period. Simple violation of the "dont be a jerk" rule.

Please be considerate and not disrespectful.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:45 AM

Thanks for all the detailed info!
Old 05-01-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheways View Post
Thanks for all the detailed info!
You are welcome.