Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2021, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
When I buy clothing...I always look towards other continents

Then...I rag about returns and exchanges
Ding.

During a pandemic that has all sorts of flow on impacts on supply chains, logistics, warehousing and customer service no less.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-moots View Post
Ding.

During a pandemic that has all sorts of flow on impacts on supply chains, logistics, warehousing and customer service no less.
All right. Good points made and accepted, but the business concerned does offer supposed 'international' service and has not exactly changed their retail model.
Therefore fault may be apportioned on both sides
Old 04-19-2021, 08:20 AM

while the OP should be a bit patient on the return timeline due to the pandemic, here i what i do not understand.

corporations can take our jobs to every other continent, the bikes that LBS's sell along with accessories/components can be made in any other continent except our own, but god forbid, a customer buys from anywhere except his LBS, all fire and brimstone hails down from some forum members.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
while the OP should be a bit patient on the return timeline due to the pandemic, here i what i do not understand.

corporations can take our jobs to every other continent, the bikes that LBS's sell along with accessories/components can be made in any other continent except our own, but god forbid, a customer buys from anywhere except his LBS, all fire and brimstone hails down from some forum members.
Agree.
I think its great to support your LBS if you can, but certain things I refuse to literally pay double for (tires) at my LBS, or wait a month for them to order it, etc.
I've prob spent north of 25k at my LBS's over the past 20 years, but I feel perfectly fine mail ordering lots of stuff.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychisel View Post
All right. Good points made and accepted, but the business concerned does offer supposed 'international' service and has not exactly changed their retail model.
Therefore fault may be apportioned on both sides
Actually returns for this company from the USA has always been slow even before Covid
but it is because of what I mentioned in post 10

To be fair though ....what they offer flat return price wise for return shipping from USA to UK is not even half of what you would spend if you sent it yourself

So at some point I think it has to be fair to both sides eh?
I mean we all know the risk with this kind of distance but for a great price we take a chance...9 out of 10 times it is fine in my experience especially for known goods...Campy wheels etc.
Clothing especially a brand we do not always wear is of course a risk

But as I said it was a deal & if return flat rate even if cheap is $18-20 bucks better to discount the low price that much more & sell here...It will sell at that price
Old 04-19-2021, 12:16 PM

I can't imagine buying a piece of clothing/kit from an overseas discount website without knowing 100% that it will fit.