Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
They haven't fixed or improved much of anything in years. I suppose this is not surprising.

The only things they've added/changed in the last few years is adding all the Zwift/Trainerroad/Peloton/whatever crap that clogs the feed.
I started noticing last year.. just drop those clubs and it will reduce greatly. If any clubs starts doing that..I just drop them.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:31 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I thought there would be a whole lot more outrage over this. I bought Wahoo HRM and cadence sensors for my bikes and have been using them connected to Strava for 2 years+ now. Suddenly they decide that they aren't going to support Bluetooth accessories? And with a weak-ass excuse, to boot.

I'm completely irritated that they just threw up their hands and said, "sorry, we give up." The change was supposed to happen today. My plan is to not ever update Strava at this point and see if it continues to work. I have never had issues with it, so I don't see any need to change.

Or maybe I'll try the Wahoo Fitness app.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:40 PM

Received the following email from rwgps today:

Quote:
Introducing Strava Ride Sync

We’ve always believed in giving you more options with your data, while making it convenient. After all, it’s your data. That’s why we are introducing Strava ride sync.

Best-in-class voice navigation, offline maps, and Bluetooth sensor support in one app with no compromises. Enjoy the convenience of recording your rides with the Ride with GPS mobile app, and still have the option of getting kudos when the ride is automatically synced to your Strava account.
I personally don't have any use for Strava. I use the rwgps app on my Android phone for recording rides and uploading them to the rwgps web site. If you are committed to storing your rides on Strava this might be an option.

By the way, I would find another blue tooth speed sensor. The Garmin one is too complicated (it actually stores and uploads your ride data to Garmin). I'd try to find one that just reliably sends a bluetooth signal to a "head" unit.

My app is paired by bluetooth to a Garmin hr sensor, a Garmin speed sensor, and a Stages powermeter. I had some problems getting the speed sensor to work reliably but seem to have overcome them (no thanks to Garmin support by the way). RWGPS is a small company comparatively but if you post a support issue to them someone who knows what they are doing and has access to the developers will get back to you in fairly short order.

Last edited by fkelly; 10-28-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: addition