Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2020, 11:34 AM

OT: really good ice coffee/latte/capp recipe

A lot of you probably have seen this already but it seems to be the new thing. just tried it and yup. its definitely really really good. especially for instant coffee.

Take a cup with a few ice cubes, and pour some milk in. Then take(in a separate cup) equal parts sugar, hot water, and instant coffee. 2 tablespoons each for two servings. then spoon it into the milk.

Enjoy!

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/...algona-coffee/
Old 04-04-2020, 12:11 PM

I wonder if there is a way to do this with regular coffee.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Since I am a recipe kind of person... how much sugar and what the amount of hot water is needed?

And how much milk per glass...?

Edit: Never mind - 2 table spoons each to make the topping. Failed at reading comprehension.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxbailey View Post
Since I am a recipe kind of person... how much sugar and what the amount of hot water is needed?

And how much milk per glass...?

Edit: Never mind - 2 table spoons each to make the topping. Failed at reading comprehension.
I took the "2 serving" recipe and enjoyed it all by myself, though now im flying off the walls! Id say at least 2 cups of milk..
Old 04-04-2020, 02:18 PM

If anyone in interested in a decent iced pour over recipe, this is what I usually do. Requires your typical pourover equipment as well as a cocktail shaker.
25g coffee, 220g water, 150g ice
Start your pourover as normal by performing a 30 sec bloom with 50g of water, and then continue to pour until you reach 220g. Then add that to your cocktail shaker with 150g of ice and shake vigorously until the ice is melted. Should give you a really delicious "head" at the top. Often will refer to this as my "breakfast beer." Enjoy!
Old 04-04-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.kozlowski91 View Post
If anyone in interested in a decent iced pour over recipe, this is what I usually do. Requires your typical pourover equipment as well as a cocktail shaker.
Start your pourover as normal by performing a 30 sec bloom with 50g of water, and then continue to pour until you reach 220g. Then add that to your cocktail shaker with 150g of ice and shake vigorously until the ice is melted. Should give you a really delicious "head" at the top. Often will refer to this as my "breakfast beer." Enjoy!
Will try this tomorrow. thanks!!
Old 04-04-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.kozlowski91 View Post
So I can make a shot of espresso and then add hot water until 220g then add ice?
Old 04-04-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmradio516 View Post
I took the "2 serving" recipe and enjoyed it all by myself, though now im flying off the walls! Id say at least 2 cups of milk..
It was quite good. i had one serving (about 220 calories) and save the other half in the refrigerator. Will add milk tomorrow to consume.

Now I need to go on the trainer.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxbailey View Post
So I can make a shot of espresso and then add hot water until 220g then add ice?
I suppose so? Don't think it would be bad, but at that point I'd just shake the espresso with ice. Something I like to do sometimes is to pull two (double) shots of espresso, mix/dissolve some honey (to taste) into it and shake that with ice. Top with milk or substitute of your liking (I go oat every time). Come to think of it this would be the perfect thing right before leaving for a ride, or just some rocket fuel for that mid ride power boost.