Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > The Showcase

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #541  
Old 08-09-2020, 11:24 PM
RobJ RobJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,601
Wow this is killer! I am not a huge fan of unpainted bikes but with the polishing this is slick. Love the fork detail and slight curvature of the blades too.
__________________
OPEN U.P. - AXS 2x
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 08-10-2020, 04:30 AM
jpw jpw is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleighville
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
Wow this is killer! I am not a huge fan of unpainted bikes but with the polishing this is slick. Love the fork detail and slight curvature of the blades too.
Something worth seeing?
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 08-10-2020, 02:22 PM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,517
Previous page on the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8aaron8 View Post
Complete and ready to roll. Full stainless gravel so paint chips are a thing of the past. PMW TA dropouts, ISO rear and flat mount front. Mostly internal cabling for a clean aesthetic and to keep the cables free of road grime. The stem may be a place holder, deciding whether or not to fillet a custom one. 3/8" stainless seat stays (Rob English Style) and an insane amount of polishing.







__________________
http://arcycles.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 08-10-2020, 02:25 PM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
Wow this is killer! I am not a huge fan of unpainted bikes but with the polishing this is slick. Love the fork detail and slight curvature of the blades too.
Thank you, I think I too am in the same camp these days, I like me some color. However, for an off-road bike, this seems like a good idea to prevent paint chips.
__________________
http://arcycles.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 08-11-2020, 06:38 PM
coreyaugustus coreyaugustus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: NoVA
Posts: 348
That looks like a metric ton of elbow grease applied to a frame. That shine...

Looks great; one-of-a-kind.
__________________
insta: @coreyabennett
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 08-12-2020, 07:44 AM
Toddtwenty2 Toddtwenty2 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 359
The proportions on this look just right to my eye.

This really hits a sweet spot for beautiful, but rugged.
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 08-12-2020, 09:55 AM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3,384
The gravel is saying "We're not worthy!"
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 08-13-2020, 09:55 AM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,517
Thank you everyone. The fun part of building frames is I can test ideas on myself and friends before selling them to others. The stainless gravel frame was just that, I wanted to test the 3/8's seat stays and flat mount front fork. I am confident in its ability to perform, however I likely will not do another full polished one unless someone has a lot of time to wait and a lot of money to spend
__________________
http://arcycles.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 08-13-2020, 02:08 PM
jpw jpw is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleighville
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8aaron8 View Post
Thank you everyone. The fun part of building frames is I can test ideas on myself and friends before selling them to others. The stainless gravel frame was just that, I wanted to test the 3/8's seat stays and flat mount front fork. I am confident in its ability to perform, however I likely will not do another full polished one unless someone has a lot of time to wait and a lot of money to spend

I love the fork. Such a refreshing change from carbon.
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 09-21-2020, 07:58 AM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,517
I'm still doing bike related things! Unmasking to follow

__________________
http://arcycles.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 09-23-2020, 11:58 PM
untarded untarded is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 30
This is just beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8aaron8 View Post
Complete and ready to roll. Full stainless gravel so paint chips are a thing of the past. PMW TA dropouts, ISO rear and flat mount front. Mostly internal cabling for a clean aesthetic and to keep the cables free of road grime. The stem may be a place holder, deciding whether or not to fillet a custom one. 3/8" stainless seat stays (Rob English Style) and an insane amount of polishing.







Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.