Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2021, 06:23 PM

Blimey, Ole went from getting sacked in the morning to hanging on, with CR7 chipping in a vital goal. Well played.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:26 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
And BVB takes a helluva beating...
BVB sent a group of teenagers to Amsterdam to have some fun, what did they expect
Old 10-21-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Blimey, Ole went from getting sacked in the morning to hanging on, with CR7 chipping in a vital goal. Well played.
I was ok with anyone scoring, but crybaby - nooooo!
Old 10-24-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
I was ok with anyone scoring, but crybaby - nooooo!
Especially with a snide crybaby who lashes out

For someone who's almost won everything there is to win, he truly does act like a toddler who's been denied an extra piece of candy

Also, yikes, just like that, that's a four-goal Liverpool lead. And Liverpool hasn't even played that well...

Last edited by echappist; 10-24-2021 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:49 AM

You know it’s a bad day for ManU when even a brilliant shot by crybaby gets chalked off for marginal offside.

Et c’est un bain tôt pour Monseur Pogba!

Last edited by echappist; 10-24-2021 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-24-2021, 03:38 PM
BillC's Evil Twin Brother

All that talent & got pasted by Liverpool.

Ole is gone. I suspect Conte is on the short list.
Old 10-24-2021, 03:40 PM

Annnnd, Watford 5 - Everton 2

Never in a million years expected that.

The Tinkerer strikes again. Dilly Dong!

Feeling a lot better about Watford's chances of survival after yesterday.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
All that talent & got pasted by Liverpool.

Ole is gone. I suspect Conte is on the short list.
I would like to see that.

But G.Neville stated Conte ‘is not a fit.......They won’t bring a hitman in again. A hitman who comes in and does a job for two years.”
Old 10-25-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
I would like to see that.

But G.Neville stated Conte ‘is not a fit.......They won’t bring a hitman in again. A hitman who comes in and does a job for two years.”
What United needs is a coherent recruiting strategy, as opposed to splashy signings.

I doubt the Glazers would care to spend on that front, as in their mind, you can't sell shirts with the name of the head of recruitment emblazoned.

With a squad full of lethal finishers and a soft midfield, United's first reaction was: we need more attackers!
Old 10-25-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
What United needs is a coherent recruiting strategy, as opposed to splashy signings.

I doubt the Glazers would care to spend on that front, as in their mind, you can't sell shirts with the name of the head of recruitment emblazoned.

With a squad full of lethal finishers and a soft midfield, United's first reaction was: we need more attackers!
Agreed but they also need a new manager and now is a good a time as any to get one imo.

They have for a long time now gone for stars which have produced at times but.. I think its time to get someone in charge who has a clear idea on how they want to play and get players accordingly rather than get good players and c if they can make them all fit somehow.

Liverpools looks amazing again tho.
Old 10-25-2021, 02:47 PM

I'm not sure how well LFC will cope with the injuries and absence of Salah and Mané during Africa Cup of Nations though.

As always, that squad is just a tad thin in terms of depth when compared to other big time clubs. E.g. Pep has five quality players he can play for his front three (six if you add the injured Torres); Chelsea has four healthy players for its front three (and three currently injured); Bayern has an irreplaceable Lewandowski + 6 players for the attacking mids + wingers. LFC is basically the fabled front three + Jota, and then the rest are just not at the same caliber. Then there's the issue of its midfield getting depleted (two due to red card challenges).

Again, on its day, I think LFC can beat just about anyone in a knock-out. But when it comes to being sure-footed in the league, that's where Pep and Chelsea have an edge.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:13 PM
Strong Walker

Klopp has been around some time, as has Pep. It is amazing how many top clubs still think it is ok to install a former player/club legend to compete with the modern brand of tactical nerds like Tuchel, Nagelsmann (sorry I am German).
City and Chelsea combine that with PL buying power, the only club to challenge this is BM imo. PSG may have overdone it, will be fun to watch.

Last edited by martl; 10-25-2021 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:

TBF they also picked up Varane, who is no slouch.

They have oodles of talent in all phases of game. What they lack is an identity and a system to match that identity -- that is on Ole.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:32 PM
Strong Walker

Quote:
I'm not sure how well LFC will cope with the injuries and absence of Salah and Mané during Africa Cup of Nations though.

As always, that squad is just a tad thin in terms of depth when compared to other big time clubs. E.g. Pep has five quality players he can play for his front three (six if you add the injured Torres); Chelsea has four healthy players for its front three (and three currently injured); Bayern has an irreplaceable Lewandowski + 6 players for the attacking mids + wingers. LFC is basically the fabled front three + Jota, and then the rest are just not at the same caliber. Then there's the issue of its midfield getting depleted (two due to red card challenges).

Again, on its day, I think LFC can beat just about anyone in a knock-out. But when it comes to being sure-footed in the league, that's where Pep and Chelsea have an edge.
MU still live in a time about 10 years ago when buying yet another superstar was going to fix fundamental issues which in this case is the coach. It may help a bit, see PSG vs Red Bulls Last week, but ultimately, the system > individual class.most of the times
Old 10-27-2021, 03:45 PM

Holy s***e! What just happened at Borussia-Park?

Die Rekordmeisters getting walloped as if they were feckless ManU? And Bayern played with a full-strength squad, too.