Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2021, 09:03 AM
PegoNagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
The bike is not worth repairing at this point since it's too old. I won't feel safe riding a 14 year old carbon bike.
Pure crazy talk.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchet74 View Post
Pure crazy talk.
a 10 second elementry school level cost analysis will drive the conclusion that it is not economical AT ALL to repair the frame. A F4:13 goes for less than $300 on eBay nowadays so are you gonna spend the same amount to repair the frame or would you sell it for $150 then get one from the bay and ends up with $150 in your pocket? This is why I said unless you can fix it yourself it is not worth it to have it repaired by someone else.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:16 AM

zmalwo I saw your thread you started about going to bike shops in NYC to try out saddles then go home and purchase online... how did that go?? Did the shops help you select a saddle?

As I stated this bike was given to me by someone who have definitely afforded to replace it if it was trashed ... it seems to have relatively little use on it albeit it is an older bike. I cleaned it up and it really is a pretty cool frame. I would ride the hell out of it if it was a 56. I'll probably take the Dura Ace off of it and if someone wants to risk their life riding the frame feel free to message me haha.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStar View Post
zmalwo I saw your thread you started about going to bike shops in NYC to try out saddles then go home and purchase online... how did that go?? Did the shops help you select a saddle?

As I stated this bike was given to me by someone who have definitely afforded to replace it if it was trashed ... it seems to have relatively little use on it albeit it is an older bike. I cleaned it up and it really is a pretty cool frame. I would ride the hell out of it if it was a 56. I'll probably take the Dura Ace off of it and if someone wants to risk their life riding the frame feel free to message me haha.
Nah ended up ordering a few saddles online to try out on my on after reading all the feedbacks.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:18 PM

I’m sure
Old 10-24-2021, 04:38 AM

Full housing?

If the frame and fork are safe. Just run a full length housing to the rear brake. If it worked for Richard Sashs on some of his bikes Im sure its would work for you.
Old 10-24-2021, 06:21 AM

Why is there so much hostility on the forum lately?
We're just a bunch of guys talking about our bicycles and related topics. I don't get it. Where is all the anger coming from?
Old 10-24-2021, 06:38 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY rider View Post
We're just a bunch of guys talking about our bicycles and related topics. I don't get it. Where is all the anger coming from?
Yup, yaking about toys. Very tense and divisive times these days for a variety of reasons. Not just on this bike forum but pretty much anywhere you ‘go’, social media wise. My wife asked about a hair cutter, pretty benign right? On this local thing called ‘next door’, asking about vaxx status and got pilloried…and this here in the people’s republic of Boulder.

Hard to look at any news or social media anything without seeing the tension. Tiresome. Don’t see it getting better anytime soon…big sigh.
Old 10-24-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY rider View Post
And it's not even winter yet. At least, not in the northern hemisphere.

Arguing about first world problems.