Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-2018, 12:01 AM

Showing off those legs!
Old 06-25-2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruimteaapje View Post

[
That Vetta is perfect in every way, right down to the minimalist cable stops...

PERFECT build.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Clean39T; 06-25-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy sti View Post
My new, to me, Cielo Road Racer. Finished the build last night and got out on a nice 4 hour ride today - I love it!

I've got some work to do before I do a build thread. So far so good though.
Dude, that was the score of the year...hope it rides as nice as it looks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Both are truly beautiful, very elegant; the Vetta especially. The love and care taken in the builds is evident too.

The color; the pragmatic but fine details; the exquisite straight fork and matched stem at 90° to it, so nice; on the Vetta are all sublime.
Taverna had a very good eye, and the discreet, classy build reciprocates that extremely well.
Not a single pretentious stitch anywhere.
Bravo.
Thanks! I definitely needed a bike with a less "loud" color scheme to go with my advancing age and dropping average speed and I guess I succeeded in getting exactly that bike
Antonio Taverna is an underated builder: his family business celebrated its 70th birthday last year and with that wealth of experience can build you any steel or aluminium frame you want from Deda ZeroUno all the way to Cinelli XCr. From racing, TT, MTB and touring bikes all the way to tandems, city and heavy duty transport bikes, ranging from no-nonsense to very sophisticated.
The stem (which btw has a 6° angle, not 90) and brass top cap were custom made by Bart Veugers who runs WIND cycleworks and frame, fork and stem were painted by Brady van Dalen over at BCP (he's the brother of Dutch framebuilder Jan van Dalen who runs DUELL).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
whoa, that peugeot is radical
In what way, the 32mm tires, the saddle-to-bars drop? The tires were an experiment but I found that there really is too much rolling resistance so I'm happy to return to 27mm which IMHO is the Jack of all trades diametre...

Old 06-25-2018, 09:39 AM

I think he just means cool maybe ? Ha
But it looks great, same with the color combo on that cielo!
Old 06-25-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruimteaapje View Post
Thanks! I definitely needed a bike with a less "loud" color scheme to go with my advancing age and dropping average speed and I guess I succeeded in getting exactly that bike
Antonio Taverna is an underated builder: his family business celebrated its 70th birthday last year and with that wealth of experience can build you any steel or aluminium frame you want from Deda ZeroUno all the way to Cinelli XCr. From racing, TT, MTB and touring bikes all the way to tandems, city and heavy duty transport bikes, ranging from no-nonsense to very sophisticated.
The stem (which btw has a 6° angle, not 90) and brass top cap were custom made by Bart Veugers who runs WIND cycleworks and frame, fork and stem were painted by Brady van Dalen over at BCP (he's the brother of Dutch framebuilder Jan van Dalen who runs DUELL).

In what way, the 32mm tires, the saddle-to-bars drop? The tires were an experiment but I found that there really is too much rolling resistance so I'm happy to return to 27mm which IMHO is the Jack of all trades diametre...

yes, lovely, cool, fun, bright, interesting, makes me want to jump on and ride!

the vetta is also very very classy. like so classy
Old 06-25-2018, 10:11 AM

I've got steel bike #1 all built up as my race bike, so I figured i should toss some pics in here

Fabrica Strada SL team bike

Old 06-28-2018, 01:37 PM
coffee consumer

Red, White and Blue for 4th of July

I sold a Sante group for $100 and this Nova Special X frame with the RD hangar broken off. Dave Kirk did the honors of the dropout repair and Keith Anderson handled the repaint with a new set of decals from Velocals. A buddy had the 7700 group w/ the 7700 paired-spoke wheels. I can't say I've had a project bike come together so beautifully. The SLX has a sublime, responsive ride and the fork tracks like nobody's business. I've never had more confidence in cornering and just going straight down the road is bike-happiness all day. Only negative is the rear wheel has a little flex on a standing climb (I weigh 200lbs)...I've always wanted an SLX frame and don't think I could've done any better. Damn its sweet!

The P-29er is just steel hard-tail goodness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bridge-NSX-PL.jpg (113.2 KB, 423 views)
File Type: jpg Overlook-P29er-PL.jpg (82.1 KB, 422 views)
Old 06-28-2018, 02:14 PM
Old, Fat & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephr View Post
I sold a Sante group for $100 and this Nova Special X frame with the RD hangar broken off. Dave Kirk did the honors of the dropout repair and Keith Anderson handled the repaint with a new set of decals from Velocals. A buddy had the 7700 group w/ the 7700 paired-spoke wheels. I can't say I've had a project bike come together so beautifully. The SLX has a sublime, responsive ride and the fork tracks like nobody's business. I've never had more confidence in cornering and just going straight down the road is bike-happiness all day. Only negative is the rear wheel has a little flex on a standing climb (I weigh 200lbs)...I've always wanted an SLX frame and don't think I could've done any better. Damn its sweet!

The P-29er is just steel hard-tail goodness.
I've got a p650b in that color scheme. Get more compliments on that bike when I ride it.

I don't have a pic, but I had Colossi build me a Spirit TIGed bike 2 years ago now. Mmmmmm nice.

M
Old 07-02-2018, 08:06 PM

I thought I would post my Schwinn Paramount Waterford OS before I make the jump to a LOOK 585.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5755.jpg (125.5 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5770.jpg (60.0 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5772.jpg (58.1 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5773.jpg (59.5 KB, 356 views)
Old 07-02-2018, 08:27 PM

Today someone asked me if riding a fixed gear is slow on the flats... It's really not slow with the 48x15 gear ratio, and even though it only has a front brake it is a road bike. It's fun confusing and disturbing people while riding this because it's more than fast enough to hang on group rides as long as the hills aren't over 6% or a few minutes long.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:38 PM

Now thats supper clean, nice job, love the white seat and tape also
Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaliu View Post
I thought I would post my Schwinn Paramount Waterford OS before I make the jump to a LOOK 585.
Beautifull! Love the dark gray and black against the purple. Well done, beautifull build. The more i see black builds on lugged steel the more i like it.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:40 AM

Hmmm. Steel bikes in the stable:

Wicked Fat (with Ubrake!)
Master Olympic
Master CX (yep, steel, one of a handful built by Ernesto)
Hot Tubes (CX) (sold this bike a few years ago, missed it, bought it back a year later!)
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 07-03-2018, 09:52 AM

Waterford 1200

Reynolds 753 goodness, Campagnolo Chorus Alloy 10 speed goodness, 27.4 seatpost badness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2853 2.jpg (82.9 KB, 286 views)