Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2020, 11:18 PM

Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-22-2020, 05:52 AM
Proud Grandpa

Who's the BikeTiresDirect person that is a banner sponsor here? I wonder if he'll continue to offer Veloflex now that Veloflex is consumer direct...
Old 06-22-2020, 07:12 AM

Nice. I've been buying from Mainecycles for my veloflex and they have been great but if a direct sale is that fast and price is good, this will be good news moving forward.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msriddle View Post
veloflex.it

I’ve loved using these tires over the years. I mostly buy clinchers now. It’s been harder to find good stocking options anywhere online.

So I placed an order on Monday and received my tires on Friday (I live in Ft Worth, TX). Haven’t tried these yet but the new versions look very nice.

Any word on how these ride, yet? As the only tubeless gumwall, they're at the top of my list for a new build. (I know Schwalbe have something but it's more brown than gum)...
Old 06-26-2020, 04:39 PM

Also curious about these, make sure to update!
Old 06-26-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle h View Post
Also curious about these, make sure to update!
There's a thread over on Weight Weenies but the emphasis is on speed rather than overall ride quality, puncture resistance and whatnot....
Old 06-26-2020, 05:05 PM

What's the story with Veloflex.. are these rebranded last generation Vittorias?

Down to the same hexagonal matrix with attributes, and 320tpi Corespun stuff, etc? referring to Corsa vs Corsa
Old 06-26-2020, 05:15 PM

No, very much their own company. A tiny company at that. I read they have 10 employees.

Some photos and a little bit of info here: https://ciclicorsa.com/meet-the-makers/veloflex/
Old 06-26-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
What's the story with Veloflex.. are these rebranded last generation Vittorias?

Down to the same hexagonal matrix with attributes, and 320tpi Corespun stuff, etc? referring to Corsa vs Corsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
No, very much their own company. A tiny company at that. I read they have 10 employees.

Some photos and a little bit of info here: https://ciclicorsa.com/meet-the-makers/veloflex/
Yes, what jkbrwn wote. Including ex-Vittoria employees. Easily the equal or better (imo) of current Vittoria.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijichf View Post
Based on the website, it looks like the Roubaix, Arenberg, Vlaanderen and Raven tubulars have been discontinued...time to hoard even more.
I would love to stock up on the Vlaanderen/Raven tires.. I just ordered a set of the Pro Tour tires.. Came in a week from Italy. slippery looking tread..

Last edited by denapista; 06-27-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:56 AM

I’ve had a chance to get several rides on the new Master 28s. All in dry conditions. The new tread pattern seems to offer a nice mix of grip and ride quality. I’m still experiencing with inflation..Veloflex has a cool inflation tool on the new site that allows you to set your weight and tire width to get recommended front and rear pressure guidance.

I’m placing an additional order for some stock. They also have 10% off on initial order, fast, free shipping to US with $100/euro order which is 3 tires.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I’ve had a chance to get several rides on the new Master 28s. All in dry conditions. The new tread pattern seems to offer a nice mix of grip and ride quality. I’m still experiencing with inflation..Veloflex has a cool inflation tool on the new site that allows you to set your weight and tire width to get recommended front and rear pressure guidance.

I’m placing an additional order for some stock. They also have 10% off on initial order, fast, free shipping to US with $100/euro order which is 3 tires.
That’s all I needed to hear! Thank you!

Knew I should’ve ordered them last week. Out of stock now when you try to add to basket...

Last edited by jkbrwn; 06-30-2020 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Suegiù View Post
Yes, what jkbrwn wote. Including ex-Vittoria employees. Easily the equal or better (imo) of current Vittoria.
I like how vittorias ride and look, but the tires are essentially swiss cheese on roads. After a week in London last year, I tore off my new Corsa Controls and chucked into the bin. the tires were worse flat magnets than I remember the last time a tried a few years ago.

I hope veloflex are better
Old 06-30-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticaldoug View Post
I like how vittorias ride and look, but the tires are essentially swiss cheese on roads. After a week in London last year, I tore off my new Corsa Controls and chucked into the bin. the tires were worse flat magnets than I remember the last time a tried a few years ago.

I hope veloflex are better
It is easy for debris to get stuck between the longitudinal ribs on the tread of the Vittorias. If it remains after many revolutions, and the debris is sharp, it will penetrate the casing. This has been my experience. I would like to see a tread redesign. Here is a contrast in design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vittoria_corsa_control_tyre_3.jpg (83.6 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (80.1 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by merckx; 06-30-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Veloflex has a cool inflation tool on the new site that allows you to set your weight and tire width to get recommended front and rear pressure guidance..
It would be interesting to compare this to the Silca pro inflation guide.

I think I have a couple more Vlaanderens hanging in the basement. May be time to restock...