Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2019, 06:43 PM

Bike case recommendations - Post Carry vs Orucase

Hi all,

I’ve been toying with a smaller travel case as an alternative to either a dedicated travel bike (eg Ritchey Breakaway) or regular bike box (eg Alan, Buxum).

Does anyone have any first hand comparison of the Orucase vs the Post Carry Co cases? Both look pretty interesting options.

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarendon View Post
Hi all,

I’ve been toying with a smaller travel case as an alternative to either a dedicated travel bike (eg Ritchey Breakaway) or regular bike box (eg Alan, Buxum).

Does anyone have any first hand comparison of the Orucase vs the Post Carry Co cases? Both look pretty interesting options.

Thanks.
I’ve got the Orucase.... well made super happy. BTW they did a 20% off BF thing last year, that’s when I bought mine. I will add my frame size is 53/54. Might be tight with bigger, might need the Large model. I add pipe insulation for extra protection.

Should add, it’s the Airport Ninja, not the B2

Last edited by Bentley; 11-15-2019 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Add something
Old 11-15-2019, 07:17 PM

Post Carry fan here. The wheels are killer and stupidly useful, the packing is logical and really not that bad. Plenty of room inside for other bits of kit too, I think the tool pockets in particular were handy, and it packs down to a third its size when collapsed so storage is easy in a small hotel room once the bike is built.

I compare my experience at the De Gaulle train station where I was wheeling my bag around to a buddy who was sliding his Pika Packworks case. No contest for convenience.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:50 PM

+1 post carry. Paid it off in three trips. Have since been caught once but if I walk up to the counter with it in my back almost never get asked.

Fits my size 60 stigmata barely, but so much better than my old evoq. V2 of the bag fixes all my complaints (very few) with v1.

Absolutely worth it. Bike packs up super securely and have had no fears travelling and it getting bumped around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2019, 07:53 PM

I bought an oru case for the backpack straps and the post case frame protection. It has been good so far, but if I didn’t want the back pack I’d get the post carry.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfeet View Post
I bought an oru case for the backpack straps and the post case frame protection. It has been good so far, but if I didn’t want the back pack I’d get the post carry.
I don’t have one, but have looked at buying the postcarry transfer case and it also has backpack straps.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:00 PM
aka RAEKWON

Cant comment on the orucase but absolutely love my post. Very good and well thought bag for a good price
Old 11-15-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I don’t have one, but have looked at buying the postcarry transfer case and it also has backpack straps.
Well then I wish I had bought the post carry because it looks a little better overall but it was out of stock when I needed a case and the oru wasn’t lol.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:14 AM

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I think I’m leaning towards the Post but not sure between the 135 and 150 sizes. Any experience with fitting a 55/56 frame in the 135?