Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2023, 02:39 PM

Also I love that people like this idea. And these other places sound / look great!
Glepore your log cabin is awesome!
jtakeda - I broke down on my motorcycle in Mendocino and loved it. Have always wanted to go back with bicycle.

I'd also love to have my place cater to more cyclists even if not the idea of a direct house swap. So if anyone is interested in my AirBB, send me a pm first and I'll figure out how to do a 20% discount on the booking.
Old 03-13-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adampaiva View Post
@redir I think you may be reading into this a bit. I absolutely love having this cabin and make use of it very often. It used to be a 2 hour drive away to escape NYC, and now its a quick 50 minute scenic drive away. It means I can "go on vacation" for the weekend whenever I want.

Sure I could go on a few trips per year for the cost of owning / maintaining the home but its just not the same thing. I make use of it often, and now have some income coming in from it. I also see it as now this kind of currency I have that can maybe be used to trade for other things. I've traded weekends at my cabin for art and favors. I will always want to also go on trips to other destinations on top of +/-20 weekends a year at the cabin, but I'd never be able to fly and go on 20 weekend trips a year even if I had the $ to do so.

All that said, this works because it's a relatively accessible for me vacation home. If it was somewhere I had to plan out, fly to, drive 6 hrs, etc., then I wouldn't go nearly as frequently and probably would rather just keep the $ to go on different trips each year.
Oh yeah that does make sense to have a nice quick weekend get away. I was thinking more like the house at the ski resort or something far away.

Air BB is great too. I love it.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:35 PM

For those of you holding off on dm-ing for fear of falling down the stairs, I installed another railing last weekend !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52884244793_bc1359428e_o.jpg (82.3 KB, 62 views)