Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2023, 02:46 PM

Thoughts on Campagnolo 100th Anniversary Group

It's been raining here for several days and since I don't ride a cycling simulator and don't ride in the rain, my mind has been wandering more than usual.

One of the things I've been contemplating is the Campagnolo 100th Anniversary Group. What do you think the likelihood there will be a rim brake/mechanical or at least a rim-brake version to install on a "dad bike"? Do you think there will be a version that will work on a current disc bike?

I realize this is silly, but we all have to find ways to keep entertained.
Old 02-25-2023, 03:00 PM

So, Campy was founded in 1933. Its 100th anniversary will be in 2033. Forecasting the future is hard, but I think the probability is 0.1%.
Old 02-25-2023, 04:04 PM

I think by then, the World Economic Forum predicts we won't own anything, either.
Old 02-25-2023, 04:10 PM

2033, I hope my Kuat rack fits on my flying car.
Old 02-25-2023, 05:02 PM
Meh

In a world ravaged by the great Rim vs Disc Brake Wars, the last surviving roadie wandered the desolate landscape in search of any signs of civilization. His name was Marcus, and he had spent the past several years scavenging for supplies and battling against the harsh conditions of this new world.

Marcus had always been a die-hard fan of Campagnolo, the Italian cycling components manufacturer, and he longed to find one last piece of their equipment to complete his collection. He had heard rumors of a legendary Campagnolo Anniversary Groupset, said to be the most advanced and coveted cycling component ever created.

As he journeyed across the barren wasteland, Marcus encountered many dangers, including gangs of rogue cyclists who would attack and steal his supplies. But he persevered, driven by his love of the open road and his desire to find the elusive groupset.

Finally, after months of searching, Marcus stumbled upon an abandoned bike shop that had been untouched since the wars had begun. He cautiously approached the shop, searching for any signs of danger, and when he saw the glimmer of Campagnolo components in the window, his heart skipped a beat.

Inside the shop, Marcus found the holy grail of cycling components: the Campagnolo Anniversary Groupset. He could scarcely believe his luck as he gazed upon the gleaming silver and gold components, each one crafted to perfection. He knew that this was the last of its kind, and he felt a sense of awe and reverence wash over him.

With trembling hands, Marcus carefully removed the groupset from its display case, marveling at its beauty and precision. He knew that this was more than just a collection of cycling components - it was a symbol of hope, a reminder of the beauty and elegance of the sport he loved so dearly.

As he made his way back out into the world, with the precious Campagnolo Anniversary Groupset in tow, Marcus felt a sense of purpose and determination that he hadn't felt in years. He knew that this was just the beginning of a new journey, one that would take him down many roads and across many miles. But he was ready for it, fueled by the knowledge that he was carrying a piece of history with him, and that he was part of a legacy that would endure long after the last of the Rim vs Disc Brake Wars had faded into memory.
Old 02-25-2023, 05:46 PM
#RYFB

Nicely done, though I was expecting that at the end Marcus would fish out his final bottle of Barbaresco and his Campagnolo corkscrew to celebrate the completion of his quest with a toast to Signore Tulio.
Old 02-25-2023, 06:16 PM

it's true

^^^ everyone really is a critic
Old 02-25-2023, 06:37 PM

After navigating his way back through the torched landscape and long memorized entry procedures for his secure compound, Marcus excitedly places his bike on his work stand, removes the packaging from his Campagnolo Anniversary Group, only to realize, with sinking heart, that the Group’s threaded bottom bracket and caliper brakes aren’t compatible with his frame’s press fit bottom bracket and direct mount brakes. He drops to his knees, a silent tear rolling off his cheek …
Old 02-25-2023, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
After navigating his way back through the torched landscape and long memorized entry procedures for his secure compound, Marcus excitedly places his bike on his work stand, removes the packaging from his Campagnolo Anniversary Group, only to realize, with sinking heart, that the Group’s threaded bottom bracket and caliper brakes aren’t compatible with his frame’s press fit bottom bracket and direct mount brakes. He drops to his knees, a silent tear rolling off his cheek …
From out of the corner of his eye, Marcus spotted blinking light on his current sramano equpped hyperdrive Di3 bike with telepathic shifting. It was a signal back to the motherland that there was an intruder in the compound, nay, a long-forgotten nemesis that dared to recall the glory days when wheels...gasp...were squeezed to stop the bike. Soon, headlights appeared on the horizon and Marcus's compound was surrounded...
Old 02-25-2023, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlucci1106 View Post
I think by then, the World Economic Forum predicts we won't own anything, either.
Correct ;/
Old 02-25-2023, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
Correct ;/
Good, cause when my disc brake bike is all wack-a-doo, I want the Amazon flying truck to come and drop off a different disposable electro-shift, plastic disc bike that works, so I can go for a ride. They can take that heap of garbage off *their* property, and their mechanics can sort it out. Thanks Klaus Schwab. Problem solved.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:09 PM
what's a little rust?

I know it said “crafted to perfection” in that story, but I’m fairly certain someone will declare the crankset ugly.
Old 02-25-2023, 10:28 PM

it's almost for certain Campagnolo will release a 100th grouppo in rim brake. They haven't discontinued their mechanical rim groups nor EPS groups yet so I don't see them not doing a 100th group in rim brake. we should be more worried about Campy going bankrupt before then than them not releasing a 100th group in rim brake.

Last edited by zmalwo; 02-25-2023 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2023, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
it's almost for certain Campagnolo will release a 100th grouppo in rim brake. They haven't discontinued their mechanical rim groups nor di2 groups yet so I don't see them not doing a 100th group in rim brake. we should be more worried about Campy going bankrupt before then than them not releasing a 100th group in rim brake.
Not sure I follow. What does di2 have to do with Campagnolo? Did you mean EPS?
Old 02-25-2023, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Not sure I follow. What does di2 have to do with Campagnolo? Did you mean EPS?
that's exactly what I meant