Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2022, 04:13 PM

OT: Mint Mobile

Anyone here with comments about a Mint Mobile account?
Old 07-27-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Anyone here with comments about a Mint Mobile account?
Love my mint mobile. Only issue I've had was it not working well in (remote) Canada.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:29 PM

I have it. 240 for the year, I love it. Used to have an issue where if I flew somewhere (in CONUS) it would take a long time for data to start working but that stopped happening this year. iPhone SE 2.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:36 PM

I was a long time republic wireless user. Switched to mint last month and so far so good, no complaints! PM me if you want a referral link!
Old 07-27-2022, 04:42 PM

This question has been on my mind lately--we were long-time Republic Wireless users, but with their recent "restructuring" their services no longer fit our needs.

We've been considering Mint Mobile, Visible, and some pre-paid services.

Love to hear people's discussion of any of the 'lower cost' providers out there!
Old 07-27-2022, 05:13 PM

We have 3 family phones on Consumer cellular. Another low cost carrier. Is on the T mobile system. Works well everywhere I go. Don't know if it's still best deal out there, because wife won't consider changing. They are so easy to deal with.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:28 PM
Small ring

I use Ting
Old 07-27-2022, 05:36 PM

No complaints about using it in my day to day life in NYC. Very easy to deal with using the app.

However, recently went on a trip to some remote areas out west, and reception was markedly worse than other providers used by some of the folks I travelled with.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
We have 3 family phones on Consumer cellular. Another low cost carrier. Is on the T mobile system. Works well everywhere I go. Don't know if it's still best deal out there, because wife won't consider changing. They are so easy to deal with.
I'm also on Consumer Cellular, but using the AT&T network. It's better than T-Mobile for the rural areas in upstate NY.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:34 PM

Switched to Mint Mobile from Verizon. Zero issues so far. I don't get out all that much, so I'm on wifi most of the time. Even so, never had a problem when I was out.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:09 PM

I use Verizon pre paid 4gb plans with the max loyalty discount, a bit over $50 for two lines. Really happy I moved from post paid plans. Saving a lot of $ with 0 compromise.

I see mint is even cheaper. I’ve had mixed results with T-Mobile not working nearly as well especially in the desert of arizona. Verizon seems to dominate in coverage. Really temping with the low rates though.

Last edited by Likes2ridefar; 07-27-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:57 AM

My gf & I have had Mint Mobile since early 2020. We were living in Ithaca for a short time with it. Then moved to Colorado for another short stint. And now back in NYC, and still using it. We like it a lot.

I should note, she's an iPhone user, and seems to get a hair better service than my Google Pixel phone, but nothing detrimental.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:02 AM
Administrator

All this competition is a good thing. The major carriers were really sticking it to people for a while with high prices.

We have some cheapo service that used the T-mobile platform too and saved a bundle swapping from Verizon a few years ago. My work phone is verizon so i often have both on me, and havent noticed a huge difference in coverage between the two. Verizon does have the edge in more remote places for sure, but not so much so that I would pay their premium anymore.
Old 07-28-2022, 09:11 AM

Look at Reach Mobile if you want a lower cost MVNO riding on Verizon’s network

Where we live, Verizon is the only viable network. We put our kids on Reach a couple years ago and have been quite happy with them. They (and most MVNOs) can’t do number-sharing between watch and cell phone or my wife would move to them too
Old 07-28-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
+1, for Consumer Cellular. BTW- They use T mobile and AT&T systems. We use AT&T towers, as it provides the needed coverage at our summer cottage. They will give you a choice when you sign up if you ask.