Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bironi View Post
Better to have the suspect alive. Speculation vs facts. Think of the Las Vegas investigation. You can wish him dead, but the possibility of motives remain elusive and more so with the main actor deceased.

Agreed, better that the suspect can spend the rest of his life in a cell contemplating what it's like to have his freedom taken away. Although that won't go down well with the "eye for an eye" crowd.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:06 PM

Vengeance isn't justice. All the better he's alive, as others mentioned, to dig into motive.

Giving in to bloodlust and fear is exactly what terrorists want. And we're all to eager to play in to their hands.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:16 PM
Byron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
Agreed, better that the suspect can spend the rest of his life in a cell contemplating what it's like to have his freedom taken away. Although that won't go down well with the "eye for an eye" crowd.
According to the latest news reports, that would be 2 eyes to 16 eyes. This is not an equation.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:27 PM

My hopes and prayers to those effected by this tragedy.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:23 PM

I have been doing corrections since 1991. You would be surprised just how "easy" many of these cretins find prison life to be. In a way I am glad he was taken alive so maybe we can find out some sort of motive, etc. But my guess is he will not be thinking "boy did I screw up my life." Hardly, if ever do I see many prisoners express any remorse or regret for doing what they have done. And if this POS did indeed shout what the witnesses are claiming he will likely have a sense of pride the rest of his life because of his beliefs and hatred for western civilization. Personally, I'd rather have this scumbag suffer a horrible death than live the rest of his life watching cable t.v., eating three meals a day in a climate controlled environment. If that puts me in the eye for an eye crowd so be it. These poor victims never had a chance. F this dirt bag.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:26 PM
Administrator

suicide, or effective suicide is the cowards way out, and likely what he was hoping for with the fake guns brandishing.

let him answer for his crimes, IMO.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:29 PM

I agree, its an abomination to keep him alive, and for years in Taj Mahal prisons with taxpayers getting bilked for the cost, medical care, and probably for the cost of a new prayer rug.

We have been trying to get in their heads since 2001, with civilized approaches, and more stringent approaches like waterboarding. Was it really successful? I just don't have much faith in our interrogations especially when it's radical islam at hand.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:35 PM

Matthew dont forget health care, programs, free practice of his chosen religion, as well as a number of things that I'm forgetting at this time.

And you assesment on how many inmates feel when inside is spot on. I'm in my 22nd year at a county facility so we see the same individuals.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:36 PM

Seems suspicious that he couldn't get a real gun in the land of guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2017, 07:38 PM

General in what way? NY is among the toughest states when it comes to legal access. Also its WAY less expensive to rent a truck as this incident clearly reminds us.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:47 PM

Yeah, my ER visits cost me $200 each time unless I get admitted. Prisoners are charged $5 for visiting our health care facility. And don't even get me started on the cost of medications for my family that prisoners don't pay for at all. Sorry, but it's sickening to me.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parris View Post
General in what way? NY is among the toughest states when it comes to legal access. Also its WAY less expensive to rent a truck as this incident clearly reminds us.
No permit is required for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun (except in New York City). Seems pretty easy to go outside city limits to get one. This was planned far enough ahead to get a pellet gun.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Classics Fan

Absolute tragedy. Mass murderer. Period.

I have plenty of feelings on criminal justice system, but will save that for another thread. At this point, my heart simply goes out to the victims and their families.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:06 PM

Our facility has 24-7 med staff with 2 medical units. There's a DR on call during off hours and he's on site several days a week. We also have mental health staff with it's own DR. If there's something beyond our on site facility we take the inmate to the hospital. If the condition of the inmate requires admittance we have and officer(s) with the inmate 2-7 during their hospital stay UNLESS due to the category of crime a judge can release the inmate from our custody. That happens in rare cases though. The people of NYS end up paying those costs.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General69 View Post
Seems suspicious that he couldn't get a real gun in the land of guns.

????

Why suspicious? What did he need a real gun for?

Jeff