Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 PM

Hunter

* real name, Hunter
* where do you live? Central VA
* explanation of your handle? mechanic
* age (general or specific) old enough to have an opinion
* occupation artist
* favorite bike still in the works
* what's in your stable? practical and race ready steel 29er as well as scandium cross and aluminum road
Old 09-27-2010, 05:04 AM

*where do you live:northern Michigan
*explanation of handlebvious
*occupation:municipal employee aka cemetery sexton.Any other sextons here?I doubt it.
*favorite bike:2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert
*what's in your stable:besides the Roubaix I have a 2002 Lemond Tourmalet that I got on Craigslist for 400.00 that I promptly put 500.00 into for new wheelset and some other parts and a 2006 Specialized Epic that I just put XTR cranks on and Formula R1 brakes.I was supposed to be getting a new Kona Dew Drop from Sellwood Cycles but the apes at Fed Ex mangled it.
*How many miles on the road bike last year:none.I was busy running races and just switched back to cycling AGAIN this past spring.Since April between my three bikes I have 2200 miles.
*and something interesting:ex fanatical runner.10K PR-37:24,marathon PR-2:59:11.Ran 10 marathons from 85 to 91 with two Boston Marathons 87 & 91,London Marathon 90 and L.A. Marathon 89.Severe case of Epstein Barr laid me out for 14 months after running Boston in 91 and when I came back I bought my first mountain bike a Cannondale Killer V 900.
Then started doing duathlons and mtn bike races.I fluctuate between years of running races or cycling.For now concentrating on cycling and my knees seem very happy.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:20 PM

* real name - John Z
* where do you live? - Boonton, NJ (Morris Cty)
* explanation of your handle - Combines two of my interests - cycling and golf (duffer is an apt description of my golfing prowess).
* explanation of your avatar - Haven't posted one yet.
* age (general or specific) - 49
* occupation - Credit risk management on Wall St
* favorite bike - Serotta Ottrott (bought here on the forum) and Richard Sachs 25th Anniversary (built for me). The Ottrott may be the most comfortable bike I've every owned - it really absorbs the bad roads. The Sachs is a lifetime purchase (like a Philippe Patek watch) - a terrific ride. Both are almost the same in specs.
* what's in your stable? - Serotta Concours cyclocross, Kish titanium tourer/cross, Specialized Langster, Seven Axiom ti, and just this week, Serotta Fierte full carbon. I should also mention that my wife has Rivendell Road (custom Waterford built for her) and Lynskey Cooper CX.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 52 mph in Harriman State Park in 1998.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 50. I've been off the bike for 10 years whilst golfing. My golf game went to heck as work went to hell (credit crisis - the perfect storm in finance). Got back into cycling instead of being frustrated with my golf play. It's been tough getting back into good form again - I really suffered in the hills, which I used to ride on a fixed gear a decade ago. And I found a group of guys my age that are getting into riding. So, cycling is fun again.
*Other forumites that you've ridden with or met: roydyates, liberace, dhallerman, junkyardbike, angryscientist (sort of, he came to my house to buy some bike stuff); and two forumites who I never met but have corresponded over the years from the original iBob and Compuserve boards: dbrk and LouDeeter.

Last edited by veloduffer; 09-30-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 AM

Habanero

real name - Dave
* where do you live? Western Maine, hilly and rough roads
* explanation of your handle - I love hot food and my first ti bike was a Habanero
* explanation of your avatar - none yet
* age -38
* occupation - Research Analyst in Higher Ed
* favorite bike CoMotion Espresso CoPilot
* what's in your stable? CoMotion Espresso CoPilot, Merlin CR Works, Fuji Cross Pro, Dean El Diente
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 62 off the top of the Sierra Nevada near Prado Llano Spain.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 6,250
* picture of yourself or your ride? Here is a link to my shop website which is sporadically kept up and has pics of my rides:
Dave's Bike Shop
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - Honey it's titanium, I'll never need another bike again!
* and, something fun. Living in Granada Spain for a year and riding my arse off!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:05 PM

* real name - William H
* where do you live? - Park Slope, Brooklyn
* explanation of your handle - Just my name with extra "m"'s because "william" was taken.
* age (general or specific) - 25
* occupation - Corporate governance/ policy implementation analyst
* favorite bike - Ebisu All-purpose
* what's in your stable? - Ebisu All-Purpose, 1981 Bianchi Super Pista, Salsa Chili Con Crosso and a Mercier WT s/s commuter bike
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - Fast? Ha. I love to ride slow/spinny as possible and enjoy the sights.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 1600 roughly.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 AM

* real name - Drew
* where do you live? - West Nyack, NY
* explanation of your handle - Big fan of Kevin Smith -- In mallrats, Jay refers to Silent Bob as 'Nooch'
* explanation of your avatar - Don't have one yet..
* age (general or specific) - 26
* occupation - Payroll/HR Representative by day, Sales, Events Coordinator, digital market for Cyclesport (America's first serotta dealer) by night
* favorite bike - too many to have a favorite
* what's in your stable? - 2010 Cannondale Caad9-4, 2010 Specialized Langster, 1998 GT Tequesta
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 41-42mph, Closter Dock Rd
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - So far this year around 1900 miles..
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM

* Stephen
* where do you live? Philadelphia
* age - 27
* occupation - tech
* favorite bike - i want to ride them all
* what's in your stable? 1986 Raleigh Grand Prix (650b conversion), old Haro BMX from high school, Mercier Kilo, Rockhopper
* fastest speed on a road bike? i don't ride with a computer usually
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 1000? see above haha. more if i didn't take night classes
* i have a really good idea for a zombie TV show
* my first bike

links for bike pics:
raleigh
Rockhopper
kilo
Old 10-25-2010, 02:55 PM

Michael
North Louisiana
23 years old

I am in charge of recreational activities for the city (softball, flag football and a lot more)

Favorite Bike: Well right now it is my 1980s Peugeot. I am in the process of making it my dream fixie.

What's in your stable: 1985 or 1986 Peugeot. Trek 2200, Trek Fuel 80 (and a fun little bike that I recently fitted with 2 stroke motor kit)

Fastest speed on a road bike: Honestly don't really know I just got a computer for my 2200. My guess would be somewhere around 40.

I have put in a few hundred miles over the past few months. Relatively new to riding more that just my daily commute.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:51 AM

* real name - Phil
* where do you live? - los angeles, CA
* explanation of your handle - something dating back to the beginning of the internet
* age - 23
* occupation - mechanical engineering grad student/slave
* favorite bike - all
* what's in your stable? Ridley Compact, Batavus Professional, Surly Crosscheck (in progress)
* fastest speed on a road bike - 88 mph, what year is this?
Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM

* real name - Brandon
* where do you live? - Montreal, Quebec
* explanation of your handle - My name
* age (general or specific) - 24
* occupation - Mechanical Engineering Grad Student
* favorite bike - Pinarello Prince Black on Black. I never owned it but I rode my teammate's once and have never gotten over it
* what's in your stable? -
2009 BMC Racemaster
2008 Kona Kula Supreme
2003 Ridley Crosswind
1980s Raleigh Grand Prix Fixed Gear Commuter
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 93kph (58mph) descending on the mountains around Cupertino, CA when I lived there in 2008
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 10000km? I've never kept track of the total but it's around 500km/week during the summer
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM

Oregon Girl

real name, if you like Karleen
* where do you live? Portland OR* explanation of your handle D'uh
* explanation of your avatar
* age (general or specific) 40s
* occupation healthcare
* favorite bike Serotta Hors Categorie
* what's in your stable? Hors Categorie, trek mountain
* fastest speed on a road bike? 45 off Lyle going into Gorge
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 0, year before about 1000
* funnest ride Cycle Oregon through Snake River canyon and Wallawas
Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 PM

real name ~ Andrew.
* where do you live?~ Grand Rapids, Michigan.
* explanation of your avatar ~ Don't have one yet.
* age (general or specific)~ On the cusp of 40.
* occupation~ Father, husband, businessman.
* favorite bike~ Bridgestone MB-0
* what's in your stable?~ Klein attitude, and a few others....
* fastest speed on a road bike?~ Faster than buses!
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year?~ none.
* funnest ride~ Iceman Cometh with friends.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Grey Roadie

Me

* real name, if you like Ken
* where do you live? Ann Arbor, Michigan
* explanation of your handle I like road riding?
* explanation of your avatar don't have one yet
* age (general or specific) 57
* occupation Automotive electronics engineer, focus on functional safety analysis
* favorite bike Mondonico
* what's in your stable? 198x Mondonico, 1980 Masi Gran Criterium, 198x Woodrup Giro, 1984 Trek 610, 1970 Peugeot UO-8, 1968 Peugeot PX-10E
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 35? downhill returning to AA with a tailwind, about July 2010
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? about 1500
* picture of yourself or your ride? Don't really have one...I'll see what i can scan
* and, something fun. Hauling ass from DeTour, Mi to Sault Ste. Marie, MI trying to outrun a thunderstorm
Old 11-28-2010, 05:06 AM

real name, Damien
* where do you live? The center of michigan
* explanation of your avatar none yet
* age (general or specific) early 30's
* occupation lifeguard student
* favorite bike C'dale six
* what's in your stable? C'dale 900, 6, Giant XTC, Trek 69er oh an a beach cruiser
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? down a really big hill in West Branch spun out my 53x12 I was crying with fear and joy 2002
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 1,000 sorry got the mountain bug
* picture of yourself or your ride? nice cadence??
*I really don't like riding fast, I just love to ride what ever the distance. Speed after 20 is a turn off.
* Speed after 20 is a turn off
* I've gotten bitten by the mountain bug an have to be honest I'm joining this forum to hopefully get back onto the road this coming season.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM

name: Forrest
occupation, engineer
favorite bike: Serotta Legend
in my stable: '83 peugeot fg, '80s nishiki beater fg, Serotta Legend, self-built lugged frame fg, Bianchi Veloce (in progress)
fastest speed on a road bike: 62 down kinsman notch NH last May, 33 on flat
miles on road last year: 5300
biggest lie: the B2B was fun. (finishing *was* fun)
Running is the most fun after a long ride.
fun: riding up and down CA 120 west to / from yosemite 2x in '07