Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paredown View Post
Great rant--I did not know about the "travel" rules that give extra credits to established car makers for every vehicle they sell in CA. What a boondoggle--I now understand why the Fiat 500e is a CA/OR only vehicle...
Yah that article on medium about the travel credits is fascinating.

I was rooting for the Bolt when it came out but it's so weird how GM clearly doesn't want to sell it. Without ever reading about it I got the feeling that was going on when I went to try and see if I could get a Bolt test drive.

The thing with the Volt is super weird too cause most people seem to love the Volt so it was really weird they cancelled it, the Bolt certainly doesn't 100% replace it.

I wouldn't have much worries about a Tesla or other EV I think. I see tons and tons of Teslas ever day, too many to count, they have become incredibly common here. I've never seen one broken down.

I've seen a lot of Gasoline powered cars burning into the ground too so it's mostly delusional to think that's only a risk with EVs.. I've seen multiple Audis burning to the frame, Jeeps, Honda CRV, Chevy full size Van. Still super rare considering the # of years I've been driving.

Realistically if I tried to guess what vehicles I see broken down the most on the side of the road or being loaded onto flatbeds on the highway without signs of crashes it's high end German cars that look pretty new by a huge margin. Mercedes-Benz for sure would be what I think I've seen most frequently broken down.