Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Administrator

"complete the online waiver"...

anyone else get this email? something new this year?
Old 08-13-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
"complete the online waiver"...

anyone else get this email? something new this year?

Yes, just received that. Should I just bring my hardtail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2018, 02:32 PM

just knocked out the waiver. maybe an added layer of legal caution given the conditions this year?

as I recall, B2VT had a similar thing this year, but I think you had to have a printed hardcopy signed. Also Mt. Washington Auto Road Race (the running one) also did the same, if memory serves.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 PM
aka RAEKWON

what if we don't complete the online waver?

they probably will make u sign it in the tents.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:50 PM
ergottWheels

I didn't get one yet.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:09 PM

Hope

My hope is that if there is rain, it's limited to the ride itself, with the sun coming out as I finish up the 100k on Hawks Road and then enjoy some post-ride libations.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:46 AM

How well marked is the 40-mile Green River Tour?
Old 08-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteiker View Post
How well marked is the 40-mile Green River Tour?
not sure...as the routes typically arent marked at all (you follow cue sheets or gps routes) but there is really only one road along the river, youd have to try pretty hard to get lost.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:01 AM
aka RAEKWON

yeah, I looked at the green river tour and it just goes along the river and then turns around, should be pretty straight forward.

I have to say, I have done the 100k, 115k and last year short mystery and the 100k is probably my favorite, ridding along the river after lunch is just perfect. Its flatish, you get to digest your food and appreciate the surroundings.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
yeah, I looked at the green river tour and it just goes along the river and then turns around, should be pretty straight forward.

I have to say, I have done the 100k, 115k and last year short mystery and the 100k is probably my favorite, ridding along the river after lunch is just perfect. Its flatish, you get to digest your food and appreciate the surroundings.
it's also a very viable bail out option if half 2 of the day is looking grim.

dont count on any signs anywhere at d2 though - watch the Q sheets.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:16 AM

Dialing in the 650b given the conditions expected on Sat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2018, 09:40 AM

Who did you folks get the online waiver from?

I have not received one, last email I got was dated 8-6, “tips and information”.

thanks
Old 08-14-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corso View Post
Who did you folks get the online waiver from?

I have not received one, last email I got was dated 8-6, “tips and information”.

thanks
That email came from "D2R2 2018<mail@bikereg.com>" yesterday at 3pm

Can you provide the text from the tips and information email? I registered after the 6th and didn't get the email. If it's too long let me know and I'll PM you my email address if you don't mind...
Old 08-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Dear Riders:
Are we ready? Just under two weeks until D2R2 2018!
I hope your training has been going well.
CUE SHEETS & GPS FILES : Cue sheets, maps, and gps files are available at: www.franklinlandtrust.org/d2r2-courses **PLEASE SEE OUR NOTES ON COURSE CONDITIONS BELOW, and read through the cue sheets even if you plan to download the GPS .fit file.
COURSE CONDITIONS: We are actively watching the course conditions. This summer has produced an extraordinary number of intense thunderstorms with flash flooding. Normally rain in the days and weeks before the ride yields smooth, hardpack roads. However, this year, the damage is so extensive that several towns have told us that road repairs will not be completed this month! So the longer routes will have an added element of adventure to them. The cue sheet may read "ignore road closure, but caution for jersey barriers ahead," or, "if you don't want to wade through a stream washout up to your knees, take optional workaround here." In one instance we have no choice but to modify the course this year. We will give you our usual specific recommendations later next week - tire sizes, gears, etc, but in the meantime please just be prepared for slight changes to deal with Mother Nature this year.

FRIDAY NIGHT: People's Pint will be selling food and beer Friday night at the campground. We will also feature pizza from Wicked Awesome Eats. Like last year, we will have a bonfire and live music from the “D2R2 Bluegrass Band”! You don't have to be a camper to come down and enjoy the pre-ride party!

CAMPERS: when you show up, please proceed to the registration tent first, to get your camping pass. Campers should also note that campsites are rustic at best, no running water or electricity; however, they are adjacent to the start of the ride, the bonfire, breakfast, dinner, and beer! This year, campsites will be at a premium because of the space allocated. Camping is also broken into three separate fields this year. Please communicate with your group about which field they are in to avoid confusion. It is highly recommended that you reserve a campsite before August 12th (www.bikereg.com/d2r2 ). If you choose not to pre-register for camping, we advise you to arrive early on Friday to ensure that you will have a spot.
SHOWERS: There will be shuttle buses to the local high school for showers after the ride on Saturday from 2-8pm. Bring your own towels and toiletries.
ALLERGIES: Anyone with food allergies, please inform Mary (mlsabourin@verizon.net ) if you have not already done so.

FAMILY RIDERS: reminder, your ride will begin at 10-mile bridge in Colrain (4 N. Green River Road, Colrain, MA), travel up to the Guilford Covered Bridge, where you can have lunch will all the other riders, and then back down to 10-mile bridge. There will be a place to park your cars at 10-mile as well as a registration tent set-up just for you. 10-mile is a regular checkpoint for all other routes as well.
WEATHER: So far it is looking like low 80's and partly cloudy for the 18th. There are some early forecasts for an evening thunderstorm. No steady rain, but please keep an eye on the forecasts.

SWAG: We have D2R2 jerseys, shorts, hoodies, t-shirts, socks, water bottles, caps, pint glasses, coffee mugs, camping mugs, and patches for sale. We also have tiny containers of Chamios-butt’r for you more delicate types. Don’t miss the merchandise booth!
COMMUNICATION: Please be aware that for most of your routes, there will be no cell service. Please be prepared for that! At all lunch sites there will be ham radio operators for emergency communications.
SAFETY: Please note that although 70% of all D2R2 routes are on dirt roads, you will encounter some intersections with (dangerous) main roads as well as your usual random cars, farm tractors, roaming dogs, goats and cows! Safety first people! Follow the regular rules of the road. Stop at intersections. Watch for oncoming traffic. Don’t ride 4 abreast and take up whole lanes or roads. Don't congregate in the road when stopped. Please be considerate of landowners and country road traffic. We want to continue to be allowed to host this ride and that privilege depends on what our neighbors have to say about it!
MYSTERY RIDERS: What, you thought we were going to give you a sneak peek?
*Note: First Timers to D2R2 probably do not want to attempt the Mystery Ride
SOCIAL MEDIA: we will be monitoring social media before, during and after the ride on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Tag us or use #D2R2 to be entered into a drawing to win a FREE 2019 D2R2 registration.
Facebook @fltrust
Instagram @fltrust
Twitter @flandtrust

VOLUNTEERS: We still need a couple of volunteers. If you are riding a shorter course or if you have a spouse joining you for the weekend, please let us know or sign up here:
https://www.volunteersignup.org/LJBYW Volunteers receive a free registration.
SPONSORS: A HUGE thank you goes out to our 2018 sponsors and checkpoint hosts.
Please show your support! http://www.franklinlandtrust.org/d2r2-thanks
To Pioneer Gardens for hosting us onsite again this year. Firefly Bicycles for providing the amazing bike frame for the raffle. Hammer Nutrition for all your rehydration needs on course. Clif Bars for providing protein bars. Berkshire Brewing Company for all the post-ride beer. Apex Orchards, Clarkdale Orchards, and Fosters Supermarket for providing all the fruit for the checkpoints, Real Pickles for the pickles and pickle juice, Sidehill Farm for delicious yogurt. Speed & Sprocket and Gravel Tours for the mechanic aid. Valley Bike & Ski Werks for the mobile repair kits. As well as support by Yankee Candle, Lauf Forks, Greenfield Savings Bank, Mad River Solar, Deerfield Academy, Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Bement, Eaglebrook, Historic Deerfield, Landmark Trust, Silver Screen Design and the Franklin County Amateur Radio Club.
AREA ATTRACTIONS: Visiting with the family? Take a look at our Attractions Page for area information. The adventure doesn't have to end when the ride ends! Save 10% off any zip line or whitewater raft trip at Zoar Outdoor on Sunday, August 19. Use coupon code D2R2 to book online or mention this discount when reserving by phone at 800-532-7483.
Happy riding!
Mary & Sandy
Old 08-14-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i'm sticking with the bon jovis. mud be damned.
the mud is not the one who will be damned when one rides filed slicks in the mud.