Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcav View Post
That was my total time aboard, ran daily, ate many burgers and curly fries at the 24hr San Juan Grill, can't imagine a full tour on such a floating city. My rack was catapult adjacent--again, no idea how people adapt, but they must.

Beat Space Force!
I have been 'lucky' to be in a stateroom next to cat track 3 times(out of about 7 deployments)....great when it's cold outside, really miserable when it's hot(think Indian Ocean)...believe or not, eventually you can sleep through a launch

Yup, mid-rats..sliders with an egg on top..."it's more than a job, it's an adventure"

space force, what a giggle.

sorry for the drift..
Old 06-20-2018, 07:59 AM

There's no way in hell I'm gonna run with traffic comming up from behind my back. At least on a bike you are moving close to thier speed so that gives them the extra second to see you before they hit you.

I'll face traffic when running that way when I see them staring at their cell phones I'm ready to jump!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:44 AM

Unfortunately, where I live has no bike lanes available. I run as well as ride. I prefer the sidewalks where they exist, and when I'm forced onto the road, I run based on visibility first, how crowned the terrain is second, and where I have the best option of getting off the road. Many of our roads abut a hillside/mountain side so there is little option for moving left of oncoming traffic. So, I will often run right in the middle of the road glancing over my shoulder every 10-20 yards. The terrain forces me all over the place, and pisses drivers off. Two lane mountain roads makes life tricky, but fortunately traffic is very light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
There's no way in hell I'm gonna run with traffic comming up from behind my back. At least on a bike you are moving close to thier speed so that gives them the extra second to see you before they hit you.

I'll face traffic when running that way when I see them staring at their cell phones I'm ready to jump!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:55 AM

Makes sense for runners to go against traffic in the bike lanes. My only issue is when runners either solo or two abreast take up the entire lane. they don’t move inside or single file when seeing me approach and force me out of the bike lane into traffic to avoid hitting them. This seems to be happening more these days.