Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro View Post
And, if the picture is of your dog and its a mini golden doodle, we have the same breed of dogs as well.
My avatar is indeed a picture of our dog. He is a cavachon, a mix between bichon and King Charles Cavalier. Yea, two lines dedicated to keeping royal laps warm. Guess who rules the roost in our house!
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 04-01-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Not sure if this was covered in the thread. If so, apologies for the redundancy. Anyone know of the protocols for receiving a bike frame in the mail? Is it necessary to take precautionary measure and disinfect? If so, does soap and water suffice? Thx.
There’s an article on The Guardian about this.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...erent-surfaces

Assume no appreciable amount left on a surface after 2-3 days

Cardboard apparently is a surface on which viruses degrade more quickly. So two days (as in 24 hrs). It can survive on smooth surfaces longer, esp certain (though not copper), so 3 days. But that’s a public health, general guideline on what is feasible on a large scale.

Personally (and i realize that i have the luxury of space for this), i put on specific outside cloth, take new package and important mail into the garage, and just let them sit. One week for letters. Then do one general sort on a weekly basis for letters that have sat for at least a week. For packages, either immediate wipe down with alcohol (doable for smaller boxes) or let it sit. For a bike frame, i’d give it 4-6 days for the package (a lot of boxes are covered by plastic packaging tape), and take out the frame. The frame would have been unopened for a week and should be good.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
There’s an article on The Guardian about this.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...erent-surfaces

Assume no appreciable amount left on a surface after 2-3 days

Cardboard apparently is a surface on which viruses degrade more quickly. So two days (as in 24 hrs). It can survive on smooth surfaces longer, esp certain (though not copper), so 3 days. But that’s a public health, general guideline on what is feasible on a large scale.

Personally (and i realize that i have the luxury of space for this), i put on specific outside cloth, take new package and important mail into the garage, and just let them sit. One week for letters. Then do one general sort on a weekly basis for letters that have sat for at least a week. For packages, either immediate wipe down with alcohol (doable for smaller boxes) or let it sit. For a bike frame, i’d give it 4-6 days for the package (a lot of boxes are covered by plastic packaging tape), and take out the frame. The frame would have been unopened for a week and should be good.
Thanks, Jim. I foresee a whole new “custom bike” category: “Guess what’s in my box?”
Old 04-01-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
My avatar is indeed a picture of our dog. He is a cavachon, a mix between bichon and King Charles Cavalier. Yea, two lines dedicated to keeping royal laps warm. Guess who rules the roost in our house!
He looks old a keeper! Having a dog during these times is very comforting , in my opinion.😊
Old 04-01-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
Well, since the departure of Tom Brady, New England is in a state of shock.

There is a bright spot - Brad Marchand!

And WRT cars...I was wondering about your handle!
Had to google WRT. Should have guessed that one.

A few more days till it's back out of hibernation and out on the road.

Not mine, but same car (other than mine has clear turns). There's a picture of mine on here somewhere half uncovered from it's winter sleep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KGrHqVHJDcFHu9E6N-dBSEg42QWlg60_57.jpg (98.1 KB, 102 views)
Old 04-02-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbcoupe View Post
Had to google WRT. Should have guessed that one.

A few more days till it's back out of hibernation and out on the road.

Not mine, but same car (other than mine has clear turns). There's a picture of mine on here somewhere half uncovered from it's winter sleep.
Beautiful car..... tell me more!
Old 04-02-2020, 07:36 AM

I have not read all 4 pages so perhaps this has been answered. If selling a frame would this be a bad time to do so? I know the market for used stuff was soft before but is it worse now? I am sure it depends on what one would be selling and if it's plain Jane or something special. Let's say it's late 90's Italian steel for arguments sake.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbike4 View Post
I have not read all 4 pages so perhaps this has been answered. If selling a frame would this be a bad time to do so? I know the market for used stuff was soft before but is it worse now? I am sure it depends on what one would be selling and if it's plain Jane or something special. Let's say it's late 90's Italian steel for arguments sake.

Anytime is a good time to sell, you never know when someone will buy and if it doesn't sell, you just relist it. 90's italian steel might not be a huge moneymaker right now though, it was at a low pricepoint before.

I am still working but have been spending more time at home during my off time, this has led to my online purchases ratcheting WAY up. Between Amazon, eBay and WalMart, it seems like at least a package or two every day.

To tie into another thread, I am still shocked at how quickly I can get packages from India.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:44 AM

From what I understand India is closed down tight now. I tried to find the video but could not. It was Dr. Fauchi talking about this stuff and one of the things he mentioned was don't be paranoid about the mail. It's very highly unlikely you would get it that way.

I'm not selling or have no need to buy anything right now but if I did I would have no qualms about it. Worse comes to worse just leave the item alone for a few days and wash your hands after placing it in quarantine. But that's just paranoia.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:17 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbike4 View Post
There is a price at which everything sells. That is the only thing that matters.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:16 PM

Local post office is operating the same way it usually does, however I make sure to sanitize my hands before getting in the car.